First Week of Bedrest ..

iVillage Member
First Week of Bedrest ..
Sat, 10-17-2009 - 12:36am

And I am slowly going nuts, I first tried to read as I loved reading but haven't had time in the past to do it well it appears as I have aged I now have the attention span of a two year old as I cannot seem to concentrate any longer than 5 mins. I have seriously read maybe 2 pages in a week!!! urghh

I have managed to watch all my soaps and get caught up in the story lines!! I tried to online crosswords and have come to the realization that I am not as smart as I thought I was for I have yet to complete a single puzzle (even on the easy level). In the evenings my daughter and I play barbies and watch our favorite movie (sweet home alabama) this time of the day is my favorite,

My SIL has offered to come over during the day to walk my Dog (who is so sad and feel neglected since I can no longer walk him) and help with the day to day chores while I am grateful for the help I also dread this as she has a very serious nature,,,(LUCKY ME)

so now I have decided to gather all my loose photos (basically 20 years worth) and do some scrap booking, several years ago I took evening courses about scape booking and now I have the time to finally get all of my children's baby/toddlers/school age pictures put into albums . With the hopes of finally giving each of my adult children theses albums.

I will see how week 2 goes..wish me Luck ;)

Carly

Pregnancy ticker

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-17-2009 - 8:13am
Oh, Carly, I don't envy you! I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. But on the bright side, the scrapbooking project sounds like it will turn out awesome! I hope you find the time going by faster as you keep yourself busy with this project. I'm at a loss for other suggestions for you -- wish I could be of more help. Remember we're always here and looking for new conversations so please, jump on IV and start a thread or two! Best wishes to you. Hang in there..... : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-17-2009 - 1:16pm

Thank you Joan for your sympathy I appreciate it, During the last week I have been "lurking"on the boards it helps pass the time. I wanted to start a discussion but unfortunately I have nothing of interest to start one with, right now (knock on wood) my life is pretty boring the most interesting thing going on other than the twins is that I drink so much water that my urine is clear..LOL

Yes the scrap booking interest does look promising, today my loving DH is going to bring up the long table from our basement (we use it when everyone comes over for dinner (as my dinning room table only sits 8) and set it up by my bed then he is going to bring up all the scarp booking material that I had bought years ago (he said I would never do it that it was a lot of money to waste on items to remain unopened,,,ha I showed him) then I will start the task of organizing the photos. Yes this shold keep me busy!!! ( fingers Crossed)

I will post weekly updates unless something exciting happens !!!! LOL

Take care
Carly

Pregnancy ticker

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-18-2009 - 11:53pm
Carly you poor thing.

~ Jodi ~

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 11:30am

Thank you Jodi for the kind words, You are right if it wasn't for my laptop I think I would be totally stir crazy its my link to "the outside world" LOL

I am allowed to be on my back but I have to be propped up, My doctor would like me to rest/sleep on my side knees bent, I normally sleep on my left side anyway so this is do able for me. He threw me on bed rest because my cervix shortened to 2.3 and my blood pressure has been on the high side also I am a AMA mom (love that term) . I have my 24 week appointment this Thursday so hopefully if there is no change in my cervix he might modify my bed rest . (finger crossed). Then at least I would be allowed to move around. Still its a small price to pay and it isn't permanent in the end I gain so much more two beautiful boys so I try not to complain too much.

Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you this week I hope the amnio results are what you want and your little man is alright.

Take Care
Carly

Pregnancy ticker

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 9:58pm

Hi,

Just wanted to know I was thinking of you on bedrest...half envious but probably I would go mad very quickly too! Can you do any work from home to keep your mind busy? (I think you mentioned you are an attorney?)

I also love to read but have lost my focus lately but still like novels with older mothers in them! I just read Things I Want My Daughter to Know, the main character has her last child at age 45--it is a good story but a bit sad if you're interested.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 11:48pm

HI Kristin

Thank you for you for your concern. Funny thing was I would hear people say I have to be on bed rest and I would think gee wouldn't that be great time to myself..yeah not so much fun. One of the problems is my lack of concentration I use to devour books getting lost in the pages...now I am lucky if I can stay focus on the TV times. To date I have tried reading, scrap-booking, organizing my photos into albums(after failing at scrap booking) now onto knitting.....( and playing the Sims 3 game apparently mindless fun is true ;)

You have a great memory yes I am a attorney. My partner and I started our practice specializing in Family Law. When I discovered that I was pregnant I stopped taking new cases. We hired one attorney and a Legal assistant to help with my remaining cases as I was spending less time there. Occasionally I get a call for advice but other than that my clients are in capable hands and I have found out I can be replaced.

Thank you for the book suggestion I will look online to see if I can find it hopefully soon my level of concentration will return to normal.

How are you feeling these days?

Pregnancy ticker

Photobucket