anyone else unable to have a amnio?

iVillage Member
anyone else unable to have a amnio?
Thu, 12-03-2009 - 5:55pm

Anyone else unable to have an amnio because of low amniotic fluid? In fact my fluid is less this week than last week. My OB tried now for the last two weeks he also said the baby was measuring small about mid 15 weeks instead of 17, and I've got placenta previa to boot. They are sending me to the big dawgs at Maternal Fetal Medicine for more detailed ultrasounds and an amnio attempt there.

I don't usually freak out at all about anything pregnancy related cause this is my 4th, but since I'm 43 with this one I am definitely on edge so I thought I would see if women in my same boat so to speak had similar experiences. I am really trying not to google causes of low amniotic fluid cause I know that will send me over the edge stress wise when there is not a thing I can do about it.

So any thoughts?

Brandi xmas

Pink Team
2nd Trimester

Madelyn is comming!

Brandi xmas

Madelyn Avery
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-04-2009 - 9:19am

The doctor said there just wasn't enough fluid for him to feel comfortable trying an amnio in the office and he would prefer me to go have MFM try it. I am waiting for MFM to call me hopefully today so i don't melt down this weekend with worry.

Thanks, i'll keep ya gals posted

Brandi xmas

Pink Team
2nd Trimester

Madelyn is comming!

Brandi xmas

Madelyn Avery
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-03-2009 - 8:55pm
Hi Brandi. I'm sorry to say I don't have any information on or experience with low amniotic fluid; I just wanted to say I'll keep you in my thoughts. Did they tell you how low your fluid is (like dangerously low, moderately low, just barely low)? I think it's wise that you stay away from googling "low amniotic fluid" because you'll probably find lots of things that don't even relate to your situation. Do you know when the big dawgs will see you? As far as the placenta previa, it's still pretty early in your pregnancy so there's still plenty of time for it to move up. With my last daughter, the placenta was sitting very close to my cervix but by the middle of the third trimester it moved up. Hopefully the same will happen to you. Please keep us posted. Best wishes to you.

Photobucket

Photobucket