Am I That Much of a Wimp?

iVillage Member
Am I That Much of a Wimp?
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 2:41am
I had my amnio today and I must say, it was NO fun! I remember posting about my first amnio experience two years ago that I thought it was quite painful despite reading posts from other women who described it as "uncomfortable" but not "painful". So what's wrong with me?!?! I was in tears the whole time the needle was in me 2+ years ago and although I wasn't in tears today, my back was arched off the table and the doc and technician both kept trying to convince me to stop tensing my muscles and let my back fall down to the table. I couldn't because it hurt too much. Seriously, is my tolerance for pain that low or are all the ladies who say it isn't painful just saying so to not scare others from having the procedure? Having said that, it's not my intention to scare anyone -- I mean, I knew what to expect and I did it again. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who found it painful. If I recall correctly, I think I described it two years ago like this: "On a scale of one to 10 with 10 being the greatest amount of pain, the amnio was about a 7 or 8 as compared to labor which was a 15". I still stand by that comment, LOL!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 4:56am

Joan,

nope not a wimp, it made my toes curl too.

~ Jodi ~

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 7:26am

Thanks, Jodi. Yes, definitely finding out the sex. As much as I really want another girl (mostly because I have all girl stuff but partly because I think it'll be easier to meld another girl into the mix than it will be to do so with a boy), I suspect it might be a boy. With both my girls, all I craved were sweets; with this one, all I crave is greasy, salty stuff. I know they say cravings have no relation to the sex of the babe, but because things are different this time around, I suspect it's a boy. Also, Anthony had a dream during each of my pregnancies (with both girls) about what the sex was and he was right both times. And guess what, he dreamed I was carrying a boy this time. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. We'll love him or her just the same. How are you doing? You're up awfully early. I read Michael's Tree everyday. I'm glad you snuck out to see Morgan's recital and congrats to Abbi for making the soccer team! Sounds like you had a great few days. Take care and stay off your feet now!

Edited for typos and to add: Yes, I'll be getting FISH results. My doctor's office should receive them Wed afternoon so depending on how early or late they receive them, I should hear from them late Wed afternoon or sometime Thursday. The wait begins.....

Edited 12/8/2009 7:35 am ET by cl-my2girlslilahandeva

Edited 12/8/2009 9:23 am ET by cl-my2girlslilahandeva

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 9:31am

I think I have the dreaded third trimester insomnia.

~ Jodi ~

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 11:42am

Oh Hon (( BIG HUGS)) and the answer to your question is yes you are that big of a Wimp..LOL (Just kidding no you are not. Amnio's do hurt, they are a little more than uncomfortable,and nerve wrenching don't beat yourself up. Can't wait to see if its a boy or Girl!!!!

Carly

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 1:34pm

Thanks for the sympathy. I know I have a lower threshold for pain than some but from hearing others' experience with the amnio, I wonder whether I have no tolerance for pain, LOL! Oh well, it's over with. : )

How are Hunter and Tyler? Still beating you up? Just a few more weeks. Hang in there.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 2:44pm

Yes its over and soon you will know if you are adding a daughter or son to the family, And all other results will be perfect!!

I don't know whether they have no room or the way they are facing but I don't feel many kicks as opposed to them push up against me, every once in a while I will feel either they butts or feet. Hunter tends to move early morning and late evening and he is always pushing. Ryder just squirms all day long I have the feeling like something is crawling across my lower abdomen on the doctor said its ryder moving its really a werid feeling.

Thanks for asking, How are you feeling? (other than anxiously waiting to hear) How was Toronto much snow there? ( Hubby was born in toronto and raised in sue st. marie)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 3:10pm
OMG, what a small world! Guess where we live!!! Without actually typing the name, it's a small bordertown in Northern Ontario about 7 hours northwest of Toronto! Can you believe it?!?!? I've been here only five years after relocating here from the Philadelphia suburbs but my hubby was born and raised here. He spent a few years living and working in Thunder Bay, then came back "home" about two years before he and I met. Toronto had only flurries. I had an authentic Indian lunch, then took a taxi back to the airport where I perused the stores for the remaining three hours I had to kill before my flight flew me back home.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 3:28pm
SHUT UP no really, Hubbys dad and step mom plus all of his aunts, uncles cousins and siblings live there and we visit often, in fact we are going down in mid march to show off the boys..talk about coincidence i am stunned shocked and speechless( Good thing I can type ;)too funny!!!!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 7:34pm
Well if you have time and you're feeling up to it, perhaps we can meet somewhere while you're visiting your in-laws in March.! I'd love to see your boys and meet you in the flesh. Wow, I still can't believe it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 8:39pm
What a great Idea ( i was hoping my hint was subtle ;0) I too would like to meet face to face and of course any excuse to show off my boys and youngest daughter!! You will have to bring the girls also..How Fun!!!
Photobucket **thank you to magicalluv for my beautiful Siggy **Pregnancy ticker
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages