Am I That Much of a Wimp?

iVillage Member
Am I That Much of a Wimp?
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 2:41am
I had my amnio today and I must say, it was NO fun! I remember posting about my first amnio experience two years ago that I thought it was quite painful despite reading posts from other women who described it as "uncomfortable" but not "painful". So what's wrong with me?!?! I was in tears the whole time the needle was in me 2+ years ago and although I wasn't in tears today, my back was arched off the table and the doc and technician both kept trying to convince me to stop tensing my muscles and let my back fall down to the table. I couldn't because it hurt too much. Seriously, is my tolerance for pain that low or are all the ladies who say it isn't painful just saying so to not scare others from having the procedure? Having said that, it's not my intention to scare anyone -- I mean, I knew what to expect and I did it again. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who found it painful. If I recall correctly, I think I described it two years ago like this: "On a scale of one to 10 with 10 being the greatest amount of pain, the amnio was about a 7 or 8 as compared to labor which was a 15". I still stand by that comment, LOL!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-13-2009 - 6:03pm

I join you in wimpdom.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 9:27am
LOL about every single pain drug available. Me too. The epidural and I are quite good friends. : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages