VENT I am sooo Far behind in getting

iVillage Member
VENT I am sooo Far behind in getting
Sun, 12-13-2009 - 3:26pm

ready for christmas. Last year at this time I had the house decorated ( over the top loads of gardy decorations matching christmas towels, welcome mat etc...you get the idea) The tree had been up and decorated since the end of november, all of the christmas baking was complete ( including the gingerbread house). I had all the presents bought and wrapped including for my daughters teacher, And had did the shopping for the annual christmas eve dinner....

This year none of the house decorations are not even out of they boxes most likely won't be now, the tree is set up but not decorated, I Just today made the dough for the gingerbread house but other than that no other baking is done. And I haven't made a dent in the shopping and have wrapped nothing!!! And as for the annual Christmas eve dinner well lets just say do they deliver chinese food on christmas eve!!!

It just seem to sneak up on me this year and now I feel like crying because it wont be how I want it...URGHHH

Please tell me I am not the only one!!!! (If I am please lie to me ... ;0)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-13-2009 - 5:57pm

You are not alone.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 9:26am
Well we have our tree up and some outside decorations displayed, but that's it. I'm not even 1/2 way done baking yet and I need to get my cookies sent to my family this Wednesday. We let Lilah do a lot of the tree decorating so it's not exactly the way I want it but she had so much fun doing it I haven't moved too many of the ornaments she hung to the "right" spot. Every year I keep saying to myself "next year we'll ______ ) then next year always turns into the following year, LOL. You have a darn good reason for not getting too much Christmas stuff done this year -- you're growing two little men inside you and aren't supposed to be doing too much. I can't say the same is true for me, LOL! Try to relax and enjoy the season. I know, much easier said than done...

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 2:24pm

I'm a lurker from the TTC>40 board but wanted to let you know that you should not feel bad about the holidays getting away from you.

I guess I'm lucky - today is the 4th night of Hanukkah and all my shopping is done and shipped (except for the $ I'm sending my neice to put toward her Kindle fund) and the only decoration I needed was our electric Hanukkah Menorah.

You'll get done what you get done and the rest of it will have to wait until next year (or the year after because next year you'll be busy with 2 little ones!)

DO NOT push yourself too hard.

Susan L.

Robert Edward Xavier Lin - Born July 31, 2010 at 5:56AM, 6 pounds 4 ounces and 19 inches long. He spent 2 weeks in the NICU but he's doing great now!
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 3:14pm

Thank you for the support linda I appreciate it,( i am somewhat jealous of the handmade christmas cards I wish I was crafty enough to do such a personal christmas greeting)

Take Care

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 3:18pm

Hi Joan

Thanks for the pep talk I know I shouldn't let it bother me but it does. all I keep thinking is you should have done it sooner. I can't really use this pregnancy as a excuse because compare to many twin pregnancy I have been blessed with a relative easy one ( except for a minor glitch). Okay enough waddling in self pity I am fine...I have a plan top do at least one thing a day something like the 12 days of christmas extended..wish me Luck!!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 3:27pm

Hello Susan

first let me say Welcome and Congratulations because it looks like you will no longer be a lurker!! Yay I hope for you a HH9M .( STICKY VIBES in DOUBLE)

Thank you for stopping by and for the kind words of support. I should follow my Mantra but the holidays is the one time that I have all of my children together at the same time. They love allcoming home for christmas..oh well traditions they can be a blessing or a burden. But I have a plan to get as much done in the little time I have left...So fingers crossed ( toes too)....

Once again CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Photobucket