So scared and stressed out...

iVillage Member
So scared and stressed out...
Wed, 01-13-2010 - 2:27pm

Well, I really don't have any ms to speak of, other than slightly queasy after

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-13-2010 - 8:53pm

Hi Danielle. I can understand why you're so stressed and worried. You certainly have a lot on your mind. I'm so sorry to hear of your father's illness. It's so hard to deal with a loved one's illness, especially when it's cross country. I'll keep you in my thoughts as you think about the best way to deal with your Dad. Despite what the rest of your family thinks about assisted care, you have to do what you feel is best for your Dad. If you're unable to care for him properly, then he'll probably be better off being cared for by others who are qualified. California has many, many highly rated and highly regarded assisted care facilities (a close Aunt of mine lives in San Fran and dealt with finding the "right" assisted care facility for close cousin of hers/ours in Southern CA. She later had to move her into a hospice care. She was very pleased with the quality of care and the integrity of the professionals at both facilities). I know there are horror stories abound about assisted care disasters, but there are also happy stories, too. Follow your instincts and I bet you'll make the best decision for him.

Regarding your viability ultrasound Friday, I'll be thinking of you as I'm sure many others on the board will be, too. Please update us upon your return. For what it's worth, I didn't start feeling pregnant or suffering from morning sickness until closer to eight weeks. I know that won't ease your mind very much, but for now, try to remain as positive as you can. I look forward to reading an update from you Friday or shortly thereafter. Best wishes to you.

Photobucket

Photobucket