Pregnant at 40, how to tell my kids??

iVillage Member
Pregnant at 40, how to tell my kids??
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 12:15pm
Just found out that I am about 4-5 weeks pregnant and very much in love with my partner.
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 2:11pm
I'm so sorry to hear your news. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Big hugs to you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 10:49am
Had a vaginal scan done yesterday and the baby is gone. Doctor sent me for some blood work to check my HCG levels and then will go back again on Monday to check them again.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-21-2010 - 9:13pm
You'll be in my thoughts. Please let us know how you are

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-21-2010 - 4:30pm
Oh, no! I'm so sorry. Please let us know how you are doing. I know from experience how awful a m/c is. I think it's a good idea to go to urgent care. Pls keep us posted.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-21-2010 - 11:12am
Well, I may not have to say anything.
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-20-2010 - 9:27pm
Hi there. I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time with this. There are never any "right" or "wrong" ways to tell children -- or anyone else -- that you're expecting a baby. I really can't offer you much advice since my children are still quite young (five and two), but I'll admit that I was quite anxious about telling our five year old we were having another baby. She was extremely upset about our second child being born so I expected she'd have a similar reaction to this baby (which she did). I just want to offer emotional support to you and encourage you to be strong. I know how worried you must be about your ex in-laws' influence on your other children; I'd have the same worries. I suspect that in the long run, so long as you're genuine and sincere in what and how you tell your children, they'll respect you for it even if they're not happy about it at first. They'll eventually come to realize that you're a loving, caring person who has room in your heart for one more child. As I type this to you, I remind myself of the same thing... Lean on us whenever you need to. The ladies here are full of experiences, suggestions, and advice that is priceless. Best wishes to you. Stay strong.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-20-2010 - 5:05pm

Ooops - I completely confused myself.

Susan L.

Robert Edward Xavier Lin - Born July 31, 2010 at 5:56AM, 6 pounds 4 ounces and 19 inches long. He spent 2 weeks in the NICU but he's doing great now!
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-20-2010 - 4:06pm
Thanks so much for the reply.
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-20-2010 - 3:53pm

Congratulations! I would present it as a very happy event that you are excited about, since that is exactly what it is. When we told my DSS that he was going to be a big brother (he is almost 12- I had a baby a year ago and am due again in May), he was apprehensive the first time and nonchalant the second time. Both times we talked about the impact on his life, positive and negative. We wanted to make sure that he knew that he would still be loved just as much. I think it was easier this time because he had already been through it.

As for the ex-inlaws, set firm limits, ignore them if they are disapproving and don't let them bring you down. I would also wait to tell them, since it's not really their business anyway!

HTH!

Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

family

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker