Scary day. Am still scared

iVillage Member
Scary day. Am still scared
Sat, 01-16-2010 - 2:30am

So, this morning I wake up and I go potty and I have brown jelly discharge (sorry, tmi) I freak. I had to get my kids up for scholl and I am paralized. I get my son up and get him ready for school...luckily we have a carpool and it isnt my day.

I went to again...more. I lie down and rest.

Googeled it a million times "brown jelly like discharge at 12 weeks)

Call my dr.

He calls back, I need to go to the hospital to get checked. My husband comes home and

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-17-2010 - 4:45pm

So far so good. No more brown and less cramping but I'm still resting, which is why my house looks like a cyclone hit it.

Less cramps. Maybe things are ok.

13 weeks today.

I have a regular monthly ob appointment on Wednesday...I was going to see if they could see me on Monday.

Thanks! Marissa

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-16-2010 - 10:38pm

Hi

I had exactly that type of discharge once in my first pg around 10 weeks and went on to have a healthy 8lb 3 oz daughter...it was just old blood, my dr said. So hang in there. As others have said, it is bright red bleeding that is a real danger sign.

Hoping all is well for you, let us know!

Kristin

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-16-2010 - 6:17pm

Thanks! So far no brown blood today. Slight cramps but that may either be my cyst or the tummy issue.

A friend came over and surprised me and said she was taking the kids all day to the park....huge!!! (my husband works on Saturdays)

So, i am ok...and resting. But you are right...it will be what it will be. Not much I can do. Trying to relax and not wipe myself 20 times an hour!!

Thanks for the support, Marissa

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-16-2010 - 1:58pm

Hi Mar,

Brown discharge may just be old blood. I've had it before myself and the baby was just fine.

I'll say a prayer for you and your little one.

God bless,

Danielle

P.S. Thank you for your kind response to my situation

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-16-2010 - 10:17am
Hi Mar. I know how scared you must be. I'll type a disclaimer by saying I'm no medical expert, but my understanding is that bright red blood is usually the sign of a miscarriage so here's hoping that you and baby are just fine. When I was miscarrying my first baby, I went to the ER and all they did was take blood (to check HCG level). I don't think they even tested urine but this was several years ago so I may have just forgotten about it. FWIW, my discharge was bright red and was like a heavy period with cramps and all. Unfortunately, there really isn't much they can do; they have to just let nature take it's course, whatever that may be. I'm sending you lots of sticky baby vibes. Please keep us posted. You'll be in my thoughts.

Photobucket

Photobucket