update

iVillage Member
update
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 10:07pm

Went in for amnio today. They did full ultrasound and its was determined to wait another week.

But the good news is the ultrasound was perfect...no markers for tri-18. no clenched fists, no heart issues, no feets issues. Measuring actually a day ahead. So good news. Reduces my risk in half 1-38. So, still high...but i feel much better today.

we have amnio next Tuesday. I am cautiously optomistic.

Marissa

iVillage Member
In reply to: jacknoahmom
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 4:20pm

Hi Marissa.

Glad to hear the u/s went well.

How many weeks are you...I can't remember.

I got the dreaded phone call this afternoon. A voice mail message from my OBs office that they need to talk to be about my blood tests...good lord, help me!

The NT ultrasound looked good, but then I don't really know what I was looking for. I see you mentioned clenched fists and something about feet. Baby had palms flat...almost like s/he was waving at us while doing kicks and somersaults. I don't know what to think...aaaaah!

Will be looking for your update while saying prayers for you,

Val

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 2:59pm
Hang in there Marissa.

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 10:44pm
Thanks so much for updating us, Marissa. The ultrasound report sounds great. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts until we hear back with the results of your amnio. The waiting is so difficult, I know. I'm so thrilled to hear that the odds have been so drastically reduced. Thanks again.

Photobucket

Photobucket