It's February Already...

iVillage Member
It's February Already...
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 9:05am

It seems like just yesterday we were ringing in the new year. Where does time go??? So what's February hold for you?

Are you pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or did you recently give birth?

Was this pregnancy (or baby/ies) planned or a big surprise?

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

Are you having a boy, a girl, or keeping it a surprise?

Names???

Random thoughts you'd like to share?

Let's hear from you!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 9:41pm
Good for you!!! : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 8:53pm

I find people keep their mouths shut about baby names so long as I present it as a done deal and not an option.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 8:32am

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling well -- especially as you enter the home stretch! And how lucky that someone actually commented on how great you look! Great job keeping up with the yoga. I just read in my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book that babies of moms who exercise at least 30 mins 3 - 4 times a week were generally much healthier than babies of moms who didn't. It inspired me to start riding the bike at our gym but that lasted all of two days. I keep hoping to get back into it so wish me luck with that...

I know what you mean about people commenting on names. The same thing happened with us with both our girls. It truly amazes me that people actually have the nerve to make negative comments to someone about the names they choose. Even if I don't like the name someone chose for their child, I certainly never say as much to them. That's just downright rude in my opinion. I think we'll do the same thing with this baby (keep the name a secret until he arrives). Although we haven't chosen a name yet, when we do, I don't think we'll be sharing it for the same reason you mentioned.

I hope you continue to feel well. Keep us posted on how you're doing and what's happening with you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 7:22am
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 11:29pm

Hello there. I'm glad to see you posting! Congratulations on your expected baby girl! What a wonderful surprise. It's amazing how many of us wind up pregnant after stopping trying (myself included). Expecting your first child is such a thrilling experience. Of course expecting subsequent babies is thrilling too, but the first is filled with such wonder and mystery -- not to mention a bunch of other wonderful yet overwhelming feelings. You should introduce yourself (officially) in the "Welcome and Intro" section of our board; I bet a lot more ladies would see your intro there. : )

Wow, only 7 more weeks to go (+/-)! Oh, how I envy you for gaining only 12 lbs! I'm only 24+ weeks pregnant and I think I've gained about 40 so far. I refuse to look at the scale when I go to the doc's and I refuse to weigh myself at home. I'm usually pretty thin but when I'm pregnant, I get downright BIG (I gained 60 with my first daughter, lost all but 13 lbs, then gained 70+ with my second daughter, lost about 80, and now I'm well on my way to hugeness once again... YUCK! So I can totally relate to how you feel!

I love the name you chose! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us. I look forward to seeing you posting around more regularly. BTW, I'm Joan, am 42, and am expecting our third baby in May. Best wishes to you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 9:49pm

WeeMee Profile Image

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 8:49pm
Congrats on entering T2 -- hopefully you'll stop feeling nauseous and so tired soon. How exciting for this baby to be the tie-breaker! I just weaned my two year old the week before Christmas; I started getting my periods back last February. I'm pretty sure they came back so soon because I night-weaned Eva two Decembers ago (Dec 2008). I'm pretty sure that was the key to my cycles returning. I had planned to tandem nurse Eva with the new baby but my nipples became so incredibly sore and sensitive from this pregnancy that I decided to wean her. Although I wish she still had the nutrients and antibodies from breast milk, I must say, I'm enjoying the extra time I have. : ) How awful that you had a stomach bug. I hope you're back to normal soon and start feeling a return of energy that T2 often offers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 8:39pm
I'm sorry to hear you've had a cold. It's tough to suffer through a cold while pregnant, for sure! But I'm so glad to hear of someone who's feeling well during pregnancy otherwise! You're certainly in the minority (at least based on the people I know)! How fabulous (I'm so jealous!!!)! Please let us know how announcing your news goes -- I love to hear of people's reactions. : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 8:35pm
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Everyone shows at different times. I wouldn't say I was actually "showing" by 10 weeks, but I definitely couldn't button my pants anymore. By 12 weeks, I was definitely starting to sport a baby bump so I think you're right on track. You have a great outlook about this pregnancy; thanks for all the positive energy! Keep it comin'!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 2:57pm

I'm pregnant with #7.

Was this pregnancy (or baby/ies) planned or a big surprise?

This one was a surprise although we don't try at all to prevent pregnancies.

Carol, mom to 7

Pages