Find a Conversation
|Fri, 02-05-2010 - 10:37am|
I sent my hubby a list of things I absolutely, positively want to have on hand before baby gets here. I'm sure there are other items equally as important and/or necessary for other moms to have, so I was wondering what they are. Having two young girls already, I have some things; other things we've chosen to go without. We're not using a crib (didn't use one with our two year old) and we may or may not buy a swing. Either way, even if I decide I want one, it's not something I feel I MUST HAVE before his arrival. So here's my list (it doesn't include some obvious things like infant car seat, stroller, onesies/clothing, etc.):
- 5 Adiri Natural Nurser bottles (I've done my research and based on what I've read and heard, they're clearly the next best thing to the breast. They've gotten great reviews by Moms everywhere -- aside from women claiming they leak, something I can live with). I'm hoping Dad and others will be able to feed Baby Boy more frequently than the girls were fed by others; they wanted the boob or nothing so I'm hoping the Adiri Nurser will be my answer to this... : )
- 3 Adiri Natural Nurser Warmers (they don't come with the bottles and must be purchased separately)
- Moby Wrap baby carrier in Lilac (Must be Lilac, LOL : ))
- New tubing for my Medela Pump-In-Style breast pump (our former dog chewed through the tubing two years ago...)
- 5 packs of breast milk bags
- HE Baby detergent; I don't care what brand it is...
- A baby bath chair (not sure what the technical name is). I don't want to bend over the tub to bathe Little Man (not comfortable doing that with Eva running around) and I'd rather not bathe him in a big bowlin the kitchen sink like I did with Eva
So what do you consider to be essential? I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and ideas -- maybe there's something I missed that I really will need...