Great, an infection

iVillage Member
Great, an infection
Wed, 02-10-2010 - 11:06pm

Last night i woke up and was wet...like pretty wet. i knew. Amniotic fluid. So, went to the dr, today, I have an infection and lost a fair amount of fluid, but its still in the normal range. But, i am on antiobiotics and then after the antiobiotic, yeast infection meds, cause the lovely antiobiotcis causes a yeast infection.

So, thats where I am at. Tonite is not as calm as last night...i am scared to get the call. And not weepy but super hyped up and just edgy. I am overwhelmed by all my things and I have to say am sick to death of people saying things like Oh my, you have had it awful so far....my mom and nanny being the worst offenders. I KNOW...do u have to point out the obvious....AND women have had it worse.

So, think of me tommorow FISH results coming either eod Thursday or friday.

marissa

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 9:12am
Hi Marissa. Hang in there! You're on antibiotics and if you do develop a yeast infection, OTC creams and/or suppositories are perfectly safe to use while pregnant. Double check with you doc only because you have an infection, but my OB cleared their use many times over (I've only ever needed them once, I just always fear I'm going to get a yeast infection whenever I go on antibiotics because I'm also diabetic). And the best news of all is that your fluid is still in the normal range -- so that means baby isn't suffering from the loss of fluid you noticed. Phooey on everyone who's bringing you down. Just respond with something like "I'll be just fine. Things could be a lot worse than they are." I'll continue to think of you. Please update us when you get your FISH results; we're all anxiously awaiting your news. Hang in there -- we're all thinking of you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 9:57am

Hi Marissa.

I am so sorry to hear about the infection and WOW, how scary to wake up feeling wet! Glad to hear your doc was able to diagnose the infection and get you on some meds.

I don't know what is up with infections...seriously!!! Although nothing as severe as your situation, I developed an infection around 6-weeks. I had been spotting which sent me in early to the OB instead of at 7 or 8-weeks. It was at that appt. that u/s confirmed a pregnancy with a heartbeat, but my urinalysis showed a raging UTI...from GROUP B STREP!!! GROSS!!! I've had the Group B strep with my 2 previous pregnancies, but it never caused a UTI and I don't even want to think about how it traveled there! LOL (I told my OB I didn't know if my obsessive wiping (from the spotting) caused the infection or if the infection caused the spotting! LOL)

Anyway,I have been thinking of you constantly and sending up little prayers regarding your amnio results. What is the FISH? Is that part of amnnio? That's different from FSH, right?

Sending a huge hug your way,
Valerie