Hmmmmm...Where is everyone?

iVillage Member
Hmmmmm...Where is everyone?
Tue, 02-16-2010 - 10:02pm

Wow, has it ever been quiet around here the past two days. I think it's been about 24 hours since the last message was posted. I haven't posted much because I don't like to post things just to take up space, but I must say, I miss seeing what's going on with everyone and reading new introductions.

Did anyone celebrate Valentine's Day with a bang? We didn't do anything special for Valentine's Day this year. Anthony (my hubby) took our 5 year old (Lilah) ice fishing and I stayed home with our two year old (Eva) and baked and cooked most of the day. I must say, although it wasn't the typical Valentine's Day, I enjoyed myself because I didn't worry about making or cleaning up breakfast or lunch for everyone, didn't do laundry, and didn't shower until Anthony and Lilah arrived home around 3:30 p.m. But I happen to love baking and cooking. I even snuck in a 1/2 hour nap while Eva napped. : ) So what did you do?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 8:04am

Was wondering the same thing myself. Hopefully things will pick up soon. Was also wondering

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 8:35am

I'm sorry to hear you didn't feel well Valentine's Day. That's kind of a bummer -- but I'm glad you recovered quickly. You're officially into T2 so you'll hopefully stop suffering from MS soon.

As far as my staying CL, I plan to continue on as CL after having the baby unless someone voices that they'd like to take over. My hope is that the board remains a support system for women 40 and over who are facing fears about being pregnant at that age. So whether it's me or someone else who's CL, to me, that's the most important thing. So I plan to remain CL but if someone else really wants to do it, I'm sure it could happen. To express any interest in becoming a CL, one just clicks on the link at the upper left portion of the main "Pregnant After 40" page where it says "What is a CL" (or something like that). Those inquiries are answered by a CM (Community Moderator) via e-mail. Hope that answers your question. : )

Take care and I hope you're feeling well.

Edited 2/17/2010 10:38 am ET by cl-my2girlslilahandeva

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 1:23pm

thanks for the note!

I am here -- just don't post too much.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 2:05pm
Wow, you could go anytime now!!! I know what you mean about being tired of this process. I know some people think I sound ungrateful for having my kids and being able to conceive/carry this one, but I'm truly not ungrateful. I love them more than anyone or anything in the universe and I couldn't imagine my life without them. But that doesn't change the fact that I feel absolutely, positively horrible while I'm pregnant. And I mean in every possible aspect. Ugh. Wow, good for you for still working! Although I'm sure it does help the time to pass. Thanks so much for updating us. I hope you'll let us know when the big event occurs -- and PLEASE, include pics of your new little cherub when s/he arrives! Stay well. : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 5:57pm

We are on vacation.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 9:04pm
It's great to hear from you, Linda. I'm sorry the weather isn't/wasn't nicer for you in Florida. You don't have much longer to go so try to hang in there and just take it day by day. I can totally relate to what you mean about being slower these days. Ugh. :{ With all the waddling I do these days, I feel like an Empire penguin and I'm only 26 weeks......... Have a safe trip home with the kids and please keep the updates coming. Be well and be happy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-19-2010 - 2:16pm

Three kids got the stomach flu, and that pretty much ate up three nights' sleep. I got wise and handed out buckets before bed on night 4.

Wouldn't you know it, that was my husband's night to be sick, so him getting out of bed woke me up anyway. Poor guy.

My mom got strep (from my kids 2 weeks ago) and then dad had heart palpitations (he's 70) that same night, so I picked them up after their ambulance ride to the ER for his heart, at midnight. I got to sleep in until 10 thanks to my 12 year old pouring cereal for his younger siblings.

This was President's week vacation from school. LOL.

WE're thinking that next week should be a piece of cake.

I have a heartbeat u/s on March 5th, when I'm past 7 weeks.

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

KelliSue

Laugh a little - www.kellikolz.blogspot.com

We're blessed with an expected October 15. 2010 baby, after the loss of our previous two pregnancies.

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-19-2010 - 3:22pm

As I reached the 14 week mark, I started

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-19-2010 - 9:45pm
Hi KelliSue. Wow, you've sure had your hands full! I hope your children, your hubby, your Mom, and your Dad (did I miss anyone, LOL?) have fully recovered and are feeling well. And since you've been the primary care provider for all of them, I hope you're well, too. I guess the saying "when it rains, it pours" is true after all! Thanks so much for updating us. I look forward to hearing about your upcoming ultrasound. Please keep us posted on how you're feeling (are you suffering from m/s or exhaustion???). Best wishes to you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-19-2010 - 9:51pm
Hi Melinda. Thanks so much for the update. I'm sorry to hear your ear infection isn't better yet. Ouch. But at least you're on a stronger antibiotic now so you should have some relief soon... How awesome that your six year old made his own sandwich! I bet he was so darn proud of himself! Especially for not spilling anything or making any mess. I'll be sure to share this with my five year old daughter -- I'm sure she'll appreciate it. : ) What a relief that week 14 finally brought some relief to your MS. Yuck, MS is no fun, for sure. With this pregnancy and my last one, it was around 13 - 14 weeks that I started having some relief too. Please keep the updates coming...I love hearing from everyone. Best wishes to you and stay well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages