More light spotting. I don't k now what

iVillage Member
More light spotting. I don't k now what
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 9:10am

to do.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 2:52am
If the spotting stays light, I think there's much less concern than if it becomes heavy and is accompanied by menstrual-like cramps. I experienced a miscarriage at around 7 or 8 weeks and it was like a very heavy period with severe cramping. Spotting in early pregnancy is fairly common so it may be nothing to be worried about. I'd put a call in to your OB's office just to see what s/he has to say about it. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Please keep us posted.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 5:25pm

As the others, I'll suggest try to stay clam and talk to your doctor about your symptoms. I have heard of cramping and spotting being very common during pregnancies without miscarriage. I myself had some cramping without spotting due to PID diagnosed very early in pregnancy, and even had to take antibiotics for it, but it cleared up fairly quickly. One or two other times I've experienced some extremely light spotting without cramping, but it was so light and I read that's completely common, so

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 12:37pm

Maybe call the doc, and see what they say?

My sis-in-law had spotting all through her first pregnancy, and it was just fine.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 12:34pm
Thanks for your imput.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 11:47am

{{{{hugs}}}}
Try not to stress (I know waaaay easier said than done!)

At the end of my 4th / beg of 5th week I was spotting / cramping a lot. I had my hcg's done & all was going up nicely so that helped put me at ease, but still have to wait til the 11th for my u/s. This is VERY normal this early on. Not sure if it helps but I had cramping & spotting with my two DS's & all was ok. I had no cramping / spotting with a pg in between them & lost the baby at 8 wks with no warning signs...

Stay positive & happy about what "is" now (you being pg!). Only put your worry energy into what "is" too, not what "may be" in the future.

{{{{sticky vibes}}}}}

~Kathy

Brett 8/4/97

Luke 8/7/01

Due with #3 10/26/10

pregnancy calendar

~Kathy

Brett 8/4/97

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 10:49am

I think that you are doing everything that can be done.

If it gives you peace of mind, than move up your appointment b/c
if you experiencing something like low progesterone, they can provide you with the much needed progesterone supplements necessary to support the pregnancy.

On the other hand, at 5 weeks pregnant, they're aren't going to be able to see a whole lot...even with transvaginal u/s. Certainly you won't be able to see any cardiac activity at this early in the game, but they might be able to see fetal pole and gestational sac...and you'd have the relief of knowing that the pregnancy was intrauterine and not ectopic.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,

Valerie