More Whining and Complaining.....

iVillage Member
More Whining and Complaining.....
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 4:27am

Well, here goes a general rant. I'm 29 weeks pregnant and absolutely, positively HATE the way I feel. I'm fat. I have heartburn. I have difficulty breathing due to baby pushing on my diaphragm. I'm constipated. I still suffer from bouts of nausea several times each day. I'm fat. I rarely sleep because when I lye down, Restless Leg Syndrome kicks in (existed with each of my pregnancies). I frequently feel like I'm going to pass out even when I'm already sitting down (my blood pressure tends to be very low throughout my pregnancies). Did I mention I'm fat??? The soles of my feet are often sore despite my wearing slippers all day every day. I've had bronchitis for two weeks now and there's absolutely no treatment for it because it's most likely viral (just have to let it run its course which will most likely be a few more weeks!!!). Because of the bronchitis, my sides and rib cage are so, so, so sore as a result of frequent and severe coughing. When I lye down, besides the RLS, the girgling in my chest (from the bronchitis) worsens and makes me cough more. When I cough, blow my nose, or sneeze, pee often leaks out even if I just peed. Speaking of peeing, I'm in the bathroom every 15 - 20 mins on average. I'M FAT...

Someone, please, make this end. I am absolutely, positively miserable. And I still have two months to go. HELP ME........... To those of you who think I'm being ungrateful, I apologize for offending you if I did. I just don't do well being pregnant. I wish I were one of those women who enjoyed carrying the baby but I'm FAR, FAR from it. I just want this to be over with and have my little guy here already. Why is pregnancy so hard for me?!?!?!?!?!?! UGH!!!!!!!!! I hate this.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 7:03am

I'm so sorry you're having such a miserable time, especially

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 8:11am
Thanks for the boost, Karen. That's what I need to hear. My husband tries to be sympathetic (usually) but the reality is, he's never experienced this so I fear he thinks I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill, so to speak. I can't complain to my Mom because she was the one who responded "I'm so worried about your body!" when I told her I was pregnant. And I fear the people who ask me how I'm feeling and subsequently see my cringing face are tired of getting that reaction from me. I feel like a total crybaby but the truth is, I usually breakdown and cry at least a few nights while the rest of my family's sleeping and I'm up watching TV trying to make myself sleep somehow. Ugh, I know I have "only" two more months to go, but the reality is, right now, two months sounds like an eternity. I'm SOOOOOOOOO done having kids!!!!! Thanks again for the response and for the support. I needed it. : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 9:18am

I'm so sorry that you both

WeeMee Profile Image

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 10:17am

I was a miserable pregnant woman too, and didn't enjoy a moment of it.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 11:28am
Thank you so much for your response! I want to say that it's not necessarily that misery loves company, but I sure feel better knowing I'm not the only one here who does not enjoy pregnancy. There is nothing about this that I like. My best friend (who unfortunately lives 15 hours away from me) is the only other person I know who hates being pregnant as much as I do. It's such a relief for me to know I'm not the only one who is/was completely miserable while pregnant. As far as weight is concerned, I don't know precisely how much I gained because I refuse to weigh myself (and I don't listen to the nurse when she weighs me at my doc's each month) but I can tell you I've gained a LOT, just as I did with each of my girls. Before getting pregnant I was 5'5" and weighed 127. I was wearing size 4 pants and jeans. Now, I'm wearing size L maternity pants and I must say, they're even getting tight around my hips and thighs. Even my arms are showing signs of cellulite now. With my first daughter I gained 60 lbs but never lost the last 13. With my second daughter, I gained 70 and lost almost 80 so I was feeling pretty good prior to getting pregnant this time around. I know I'll lose the weight after having this baby, it's just that until that happens, I feel disgusting. Just plain fat, out of shape, and like a frumpy, middle-aged pregnant woman. I've been using Tums but it seems like the further along I get in my pregnancy, the less effective they become. I'll have to ask my doc about other OTC remedies. Thanks so much for the tips and for the moral support. I definitely needed to hear it. : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 12:15pm

Tums don't work for me anymore either.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 12:20pm

Thanks so much for all the tips and ideas. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling great, either. Pregnancy can be such a difficult road to travel... I'll have to ask my doc about the Nexium. I see him again Tuesday so until then, I'll continue with the Tums even though they're no longer that effective. I've tried sleeping with my head upright but it really hasn't helped my bronchitis that much. I also have asthma, although it's typically triggered by only extreme quantities of dust, cats, and horses. The wheezing and girgling (that's the best way I can describe it; it sounds more like bubbles being blown into water than like a typical asthma wheeze) is just so incredibly bothersome and makes me cough so incredibly hard. Even when I stand or sit upright it's there, but when I lye down, it's the worst. I have two asthma inhalers (Ventolin and Symbicort, a steroid inhaler) but neither of those are effective on bronchitis air restriction. So until it goes away on its own, I just have to persevere with it. Ugh!

Our prescription plan covers orthotics so that's something I'll have to look into. I never considered them so thanks for the suggestions. Birks are another good idea, too. I'm sorry to hear you need to take daily injections now, too. I'm a Type 1 diabetic so I can relate to multiple shots each day. I've worn an insulin pump for the last 13 years which requires injecting a needle into a site (typically in the abdomen) every 2 - 3 days as opposed to having to take multiple shots each day. However, since the skin on my belly is stretched so much, I can get only 1 day out of the injection site before it starts itching and hurting. So for now, I'm back on multiple shots of insulin each day (usually at least 10 -- I take one shot every 2 1/2 hours as well as each time I eat any carbs). I actually don't mind the shots so much, probably because I'm just used to them (have been diabetic for over 23 years now). It's ironic; everyone assumes that because I'm a Type 1 diabetic, the diabetes is my/the doc's biggest concern about my pregnancy. But fortunately because my sugars are so well controlled, it's the least of our worries. It's all the other stuff that collectively, just drives me to misery.

Thanks again so much for all the ideas. I hope you are as comfortable as you can be these final days of your pregnancy. I look forward to hearing your birth story and seeing pics of your new little bundle once s/he arrives. Best wishes to you and be well. Thanks again. : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 12:34pm

Hi Linda. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time with your pregnancy but I sure am glad to hear your story. It sounds like you and I are traveling the same road, LOL! I can TOTALLY relate to your wanting an induction date. A little tip that may help persuade your doc to induce you is to let him know your sugars have been running high. Even though you're not taking insulin, OB's generally don't like high sugars in pregnant women. It worked twice for me and I'm hoping it'll work a third time, too. : ) By the time I hit 35 weeks, I'll be sure to let my doc know that my sugars have been running higher than they should be. I know I run the risk of being flamed by some for wanting a scheduled induction rather than just letting things happen naturally, but once I reach a certain point, I'M DONE. I have full confidence in my doc that if he didn't think it was absolutely safe for the baby to make his arrival, he'd let him continue baking. I know for sure he won't induce me before 38 weeks unless there's a compelling medical reason to do so (high sugars aren't compelling enough for him), so I feel confident that bringing the baby into the world 10 - 14 days early is perfectly OK. I can understand and appreciate why many women disagree with this, and I totally respect them for having their opinion, but I have to do what I think is best for me and my family (that includes new baby as well as the rest of my family and me). By 38 weeks, my husband will most likely be ready to pull the baby out himself after watching me pout, moan, and complain for the last few months!

Anyway, thanks again for the support. Hang in there and please let me know how your doc appointment goes! I'll be rooting for an induction date for you. : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 1:04pm

You are welcome.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 1:45pm

I haven't read the book "Pregnancy Sucks"; in fact, I've never heard of it. I'll have to rush out to our local book store after dinner tonight to check it out. Thanks for the idea! I didn't follow any weight loss program when I lost the weight, I just ate healthy foods and eliminated high fat stuff. We ate a ton of veggies and lots of fruit for snacks, etc.. I didn't work out as much as I should have so this time around I plan (or at least I hope...) to incorporate exercise into my routine. I'm hoping for four times a week to get to the gym but I know it's much easier said than done, especially with three young children, one of whom is a newborn... It took me a year to lose the weight, and I'm OK with it taking that long again, I just want it to start happening now, not in two months from now. : )

I'm glad NutriSystem worked for you. I've heard good things about it. If I'm not able to do it on my own this time around, I'll probably end up following a plan but like you, I'll be breastfeeding, too, so I'd rather just stick to eating a sensible, healthy diet if it works. Thanks again so much for the support. Best wishes to you. Be well and be happy. : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages