Suddenly my belly is HUGE

iVillage Member
Suddenly my belly is HUGE
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 7:38pm

I started showing a little bit fairly early, but now in the past two days my belly seems to have just completely swollen up. And I'm only halfway there. I can't imagine being twice as big as I look now. It definitely didn't look like two in there at my last ultrasound-- I think I would have known that before now. I'll have to ask my doctor at my next visit if it's okay to be showing this much so soon.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 9:59pm
Hi Karen. The same thing happened to me this time around, too. I don't recall around when the "pop" happened, but it was like one day, I suddenly looked super prego. It seemed to happen overnight. Today I'm 29+ weeks and am huge -- at least I think I am. We went to our neighbor's for dinner Sunday night and our neighbor, her daughter (who just had her first baby) and our neighbor's mother all told me I looked big for as far along as I was. Gee, thanks, ladies! Just keep in mind that you may not necessarily get twice as big as you are now even though you're just about 1/2 way through your pregnancy. Once you hit T3, and especially the last few weeks, the baby stops growing as quickly as s/he has been in T1 and T2. Just know that I sympathize with you. All I can say is hang in there, that's what I'm trying to do..........

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 10:00am

I am definitely showing now, no way to disguise it, but some of the perception of how big I am may be in my head. I caught a glimpse of myself getting out of the tub yesterday and was shocked. But I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, cause my sister

Photobucket