When did you start feeling nauseous?

iVillage Member
When did you start feeling nauseous?
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 2:33pm

During my first pregnancy had morning sickness 24/7 and it was awful. So far this time, nothing. I'm just a bit more tired than usual and wayyyyy hungrier!

Rather than being relieved, the lack of nausea is making me wonder if everything's all right. I've read that morning sickness is a sign of healthy pregnancy. I can't remember exactly when my nausea started with the first pregnancy though, so I'm wondering if I should already be feeling it or not.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 3:02pm

I was feeling slightly nauseous at all times of day

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 3:14pm
Try to enjoy the lack of MS while you can. I have two pregnancy books, 'The Pregnancy Bible', and 'What to Expect When You're Expecting' and both say over and over again that the lack of experiencing MS is not a reason to worry that something isn't right with the pregnancy. My doc has told me this, too. Since you're tired and hungry, it sounds to me like you're progressing along just fine. FWIW, I didn't start to feel nauseous until about week 7. I never actually threw up, just had nausea throughout the day and night... Hang in there and try to enjoy the lack of MS. Best wishes to you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-13-2010 - 12:33am

I am a little behind you, due date of November 11th, so far no morning sickness at all but I do have

Me and girls xmas 09
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2010 - 10:30am
Thanks everyone.
Still no morning sickness here. I'm not complaining, as long as my other symptoms stick around.
"barfing along with the rest of us" made me laugh out loud.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 7:19pm

I think I am about 8 weeks and no MS at all. Nothing much changing except a little bulge in the belly. Its odd. I had no MS with firt son but was always sick with last one 17 yrs ago! Both were healthy babies. I am worried sick about this pregnancy bc I had borderline GD with last one 17 yrs ago. My son was 9 lbs! What are the risks? What are the chances that I will develop GD? I am so scared...

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 7:52pm

Well, apparently it isn't all of the rest of us. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones and have no or only minimal nausea. But man, it was really bad for me for (just about every day) for two straight months. I'm glad to report a dramatic improvement this past week. Although I woke up with strong nausea a couple of mornings, several days I had none at all and I haven't actually thrown up in about a week. This is the first time since week 6 I've gone a whole week without vomiting. Now the acid reflux is kicking in to take its place. But hey, no one said this process was supposed to be completely smooth sailing.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-21-2010 - 5:28pm

You're not alone, you

Shelli, married to Jason for 18 years, mom to Derek(15), Alyssa(12), and Carly (2/26/09)

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-21-2010 - 9:05pm
Shelli - just wanted to say it's great to see you. I've been wondering where you've been... Hoping everything is well with you and your beautiful family. Keep posting! : )

Photobucket

Photobucket