question for kcmom2two

iVillage Member
question for kcmom2two
Mon, 03-29-2010 - 10:02am
I remember that you posted that you used an OB in the KC area that you really liked.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-29-2010 - 12:34pm

Hi there!

Okay, my OB is part of a large group of OB/Midwives in the Johnson County area...Women's Healthcare Group of Overland Park. I think they are mostly affiliated with Overland Park Regional Medical Center and Shawnee Mission Medical Center. I don't know about other hospital affiliations. Besides their OP office, they have a large practice in Lawrence, KS.

My OB is a high-risk OB. She has managed all of my pregnancies including both of my ectopics, blighted ovum and D&Cs. Her name is Margaret Estrin. She was fabulous with my in vitro pregnancy...explained to the nurses that she only wanted my appts. scheduled with her since she had seen me deal with multiple losses.

She's kind of no-nonsense. Which, whether things are going well or not, is nice. She doesn't beat around the bush. She did throw me for a loop with all this quirky blood work showing elevated risk for Down Syndrome, but I've gotten past that and I know that she only has my best interest at heart. She's not all touchy feely and at that moment, I needed touch feely. My down-to-earth, even-keeled husband reminded me of how good of a physician she really is.

I've also dealt with a few other physcians with the practice including Dr. Timothy Molton (I think that's his first/last name). I've also seen Dr. Schlichter, the on-call OB the night of my horrible miscarriage that ended up requiring an emergency D&C at midnight.

I really haven't had one bad experience with an OB at their practice. B/c of my history, I don't typically see a midwife.

NOW, as far as perinatologist go...I'm not sure if that is what you're needing. I saw Dr. Ridgway at Midwest Perinatal. They are in the Medical Bldg. located behind OPR Hospital!

Hope all that helps...probably waaaaay more info than you cared to hear! HA!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-29-2010 - 4:44pm
Thanks!