Terrified of nausea

iVillage Member
Terrified of nausea
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 8:37am

I don't know about the rest of you ladies, but for me, the nausea and vomiting has always been far, FAR worse than childbirth itself. Seriously, in my experience childbirth is a walk in the park compared to that horrible toxic feeling you get with the nausea day after day after day. Food seems

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 10:29am

Hi Molly. I'm sorry you suffer so badly from morning sickness. I live in Ontario where Diclectin is commonly and typically prescribed for MS to pregnant women. I don't believe it's available in the States though. I think there is/are another prescription(s) some U.S. docs offer although I really don't recall what it is or how it works, etc.. Aside from that, there are supposedly lolli pops and hard candies on the market now that claim to help relieve nausea in pregnant women. I've heard some ladies say they help and others say they don't. Perhaps someone here will be able to tell you the name of them....

Although I don't like the nausea, I think labor is much worse than it. However, I'm at that point in my pregnancy where I just want it to be over. I'm DONE being pregnant -- and I still have several weeks to go yet... Ugh. I hope you find something to help relieve your MS. It's no fun, I know. Hang in there and best wishes to you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 2:24pm
I've had only the faintest traces of nausea this time, but my first pregnancy I was miserable with morning sickness. The only thing that helped was ginger tea. Have you tried that?
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 3:36pm

I had two solid months of daily morning sickness. Ginger tea helped for a few days and then also started making me sick. I never did get a scrip for it-- wasn't aware till later you could. The main thing that really helped mine was actually throwing up. Once I did that, I was usually good for most of the rest of the day. Luckily, my morning sickness has largely abated during the past month-- now it's been replaced by heartburn no matter what I eat or don't eat.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 11:01pm
Joan, thank you! I will google "nausea lollipops" and see what comes up!
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2010 - 11:05pm

Hi Helena, I haven't tried tea (although actually the nausea hasn't begun for me yet). Previously, tea in any flavor just seemed too watery. And there wasn't any single food that I could count on to be able to eat from one day to the next. I was just grasping at straws trying to nibble on just one thing that seemed slightly appealing and would stay down!........

Hope you are doing all right..... I saw you posted some sad messages recently.... hugs.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-03-2010 - 7:22pm

Hi Molly,

Well I find the nausea pretty damn bad as well, I always forget (this is my third - and none of my miscarriages (x5 ) included nausea). Day after day...
I was just in a health food store looking for 'anything ginger' today... but I find sucking candies hard candies helps a bit. I took those perscriptions with my first two pregnancies but to be honest the side-effects of MORE tiredness on top of extreme fatigu made it a non-option for this pregnancy.
I think we do just need to make it through...we can do it.

And mother nature is pretty clever, because once you have that little babe, you forget all about those awful days it took to get there ( that's how she gets you to have more ;-)

Hang in there!!!