Good Weekend Everyone?

iVillage Member
Good Weekend Everyone?
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 8:48am

Well I hope everyone had a great weekend. The board was very quiet so I hope that's because everyone was enjoying time with their families, friends, and/or loved ones. Hopefully you had nice weather, too.

We had a nice family weekend. We had some friends over yesterday and grilled dinner for them. The ladies enjoyed some wine and the guys some beer while I sat and sipped on orange soda (for the record, we never buy soda except for when company comes and, oddly enough, I don't normally ever like orange soda. I'll blame the pregnancy on that I suppose...).

Anyway, I'd love to hear how everyone is. I'm OK (well, for being 8+ mos pregnant that is). Still fat, sleepless, and uncomfortable -- and oh so ready to meet this little man of ours. How are you?

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 4:18pm

Hey Joan. it certainly has been quiet here the past few days. I had an okay weekend, pretty productive. My mom got to come back from her first round of chemo at the hospital, and she's very glad to be out so that makes me happy. I'm bigger everyday it seems and just can't wait to meet this little guy myself.

I'm happy to report I've very definitely been feeling more activity in there the past few days-- not outright, solid kicks, but a ton of smaller fluttering, especially when I lie down on my left side at night. I'm wondering if I might have an anterior placenta that could be absorbing some of the kicks (none of the docs/techs mentioned this but I've heard others say that can be a reason for not feeling full-on kicks as early). Anyway, I can tell he's definitely moving around in there, and that's reassuring.

Along with this reassurance, I've just recently developed a new pregnancy symptom-- welcome to the wonderful world of hemorrhoids! Oh well, gotta take the good with the bad I suppose.

I can't believe how close you are! Can't wait to come here one of these days soon and see a post saying you're about to or you have delivered.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 7:21pm

Hi Karen. I'm glad to hear your Mom is home for a while. When does she go back for another round? I hope she handles it well. And YAY for feeling movement. I'm pretty sure it was later in my pregnancy when I felt this little guy really rockin' and rollin' ("later" as compared to my previous two pregnancies). Maybe you could ask about the position of your placenta at your next ultrasound.

Oh, joy for hemorrhoids! I'm sorry to hear you're suffering from them. I know they're quite common during pregnancy but somehow that's one symptom I've never had. I hope they're not too uncomfortable for you.

Glad to hear you had a productive weekend. Thanks for the update on how you're feeling, etc.. You're well past the 1/2 way mark yourself. Although it still seems like the end is far away (at least for me, LOL!), it seems like the past eight months were a mere blur. Funny how that is. Take care and be well.

Photobucket

Photobucket