Officially Excited! : )

iVillage Member
Officially Excited! : )
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 9:07am
As most of you know, I've had mixed emotions about having a boy after having two girls. And, probably all of you know by now how horrific I feel while pregnant (that still hasn't changed). But over the past few days, I finally began to get excited about having and meeting our little guy. I feel like I'm ready for him to be here both mentally and emotionally, and although I won't be 37 weeks until Monday, the time when most docs consider it "safe" for baby to arrive, I wish he would make his grand entrance asap! Not sure what happened all of a sudden, but I'm so glad it did. Now, if only Anthony and I could agree on a name for him.....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 10:05am

Glad to hear you're feeling happy and ready, Joan! Here's hoping Little Guy doesn't make you wait too long. P.S. Here are a few names I'd vote for: Devon, Tommy, Andy... have you at least got a few names on the "Probably" List?? ;.)

Molly

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 10:22am

Thanks so much, Molly. Thanks for the name suggestions too.

Anthony and I have/had the names narrowed down to two: My choice is Joseph Anthony: Joseph is my late grandfather's name. He and I were very close and he died just three weeks after we had our oldest daughter (who's now 5 1/2. I told Anthony when I returned home from my G'Pop's funeral that if we ever had a son, I wanted to name him after my beloved G'Pop. Anthony's choice is Anthony Joseph, for obvious reasons. Well after posting my initial post this morning (above), I e-mailed Anthony to tell him how excited and ready I was about meeting Little Man. He replied "I'm excited to meet Joseph Anthony _____ too. Yes, you read it correctly. I know how much it means to you." I immediately broke into tears and called him at work to tell him how happy he made me. So, Joseph Anthony it is!!! I'm so absolutely, positively thrilled and so very, very grateful that my hubby understood how much naming our son after my G'Pop means to me. It made me fall in love with him all over again if that sounds believable. I still get teary eyed thinking about it. : )

Thanks again for the well wishes. I hope you've been feeling well. Post an update when you have a chance, I'd love to hear what's new with you. Take care and be well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 10:51am

That is just great that your husband agreed to the name you wanted! I'm glad for you too! Joseph Anthony is a nice name. I guess the girls will be calling him "Joey"! He will be just as cute as the name is.

I have had some rough days recently with nausea & vomiting but for some reason, today was better. I never can figure any rhyme or reason to the bad days vs. good days. I take one Farganesse pill every night but now I'm not sure if it actually helps, or not. Anyway I just try to take things calmly and slowly and do one day at a time.

The good news is that there's beautiful spring weather here every day, and in a couple of weeks my aunt Joanie and uncle Richard are coming to visit us here, which is a first-ever occasion and a big treat for us all. Looking forward to that!

Keep us updated,

Molly

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 11:36am
I'm sorry you've had some rough days -- I hope your morning sickness goes away soon. Enjoy the spring weather and your visit with your Aunt and Uncle. I hope you'll keep us updated on how you're feeling, etc.. Be well.
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 4:34pm

Joan,

I'm so glad to hear you're getting excited and it's taking your focus off the unpleasant pregnancy symptoms. Hope this continues for the next few weeks, or until the big day, whichever comes first. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I'm more than excited to meet this little man. I feel like I can barely stand waiting 3 and 1/2 more months (although I of course hope he stays in there quite a bit longer). And, aside from some of the less enjoyable symptoms I've posted about here, if I could bottle and sell the feeling of emotional well-being I've experienced without any meds over the past couple of months, I'd make a mint (and I'd like to have it handy for later myself).

Anyway, I can't wait to see pics of you and your new LO someday soon!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 7:27pm
Hurrah! He has a name and you are ready! I cannot wait to hear all about it and see his pictures!

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 10:07pm

Thanks, Karen. I'm so pleased to hear you're feeling so well emotionally. From what I understand, pregnancy can affect people either way so I'm glad you're experiencing a positive effect from it. Your little man will be here and in your arms before you know it. It seems like an eternity now, I know, (trust me, I know....I have only a few weeks left before my official due date is here and they feel like an eternity to me!), but somehow when you get to that point and look back, it suddenly seems like it flew by. Funny how that is...

Take care and continue to be well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 10:09pm
Thanks, Carol. I can't believe you're 25 weeks already. It seems like just a few days ago you were here announcing this pregnancy. Are you feeling well? Are you getting the rest you need and deserve (I know you're a busy home schooling mom with a few young children...)?
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 6:31pm

Yeah! Glad to hear all your good news! Can't wait to see pics of little Joseph. I'm sure time will go more quickly now for you, even if you go full term.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 8:29pm
Thanks, Melinda. My induction was just scheduled today so only 6 more days 'til the big arrival... : )
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages