ovarian reserve question

iVillage Member
ovarian reserve question
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 6:46pm
Ok, here is a question, I am told by my doctor that you can not change the amh numbers which indicate ovarian reserve, BUT a friend of mine had hers tested last year and then again this year and herw went up, so how can that be?

~ Jodi ~

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 10:15pm
Hi Jodi. It's so great to see you here. I don't know anything about the technical aspects of TTC at our age, but I wanted to say "Hello and welcome!" to you. I'm so glad to see you're looking into having another baby. He or she will be so very luck to be born into your family. : ) I'm sure you already know this but if you haven't already done so, maybe post this question on the TTC Over 40 board, too. I know that from the brief time I spent there a long time ago, those ladies seemed to know pretty much everything there is to know about the reproductive systems and functions of AMA women. Best wishes that you find out all you need to know in your quest. Take care and be well. And don't be a stranger. : )
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 11:46pm
That's too funny - I thought I had posted over there and went back to see if anyone and then realized I posted here...

~ Jodi ~

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 1:48am
Jodi - you're welcome to post here anytime. In fact, I miss your posts. : ) Yes, getting close... I'll be 37 weeks Monday. We just agreed on a name today, one which I'm so very excited about and emotional over. Joseph Anthony will be our son's name. Joseph is my late, very special, very beloved Grandfather's name; Anthony is my hubby's name. Joseph Anthony has been my choice for months; Anthony Joseph has been Anthony's choice for months. Just this morning I e-mailed Anthony at work to tell him how excited I was getting to meet our little man. He, out of nowhere, e-mailed me back saying "I'm excited to meet Joseph Anthony too. Yes, you heard correctly. I know how much it means to you." I had tears in my eyes all day long. The first person I called to share the news with was my loving, very special, 92 year old grandmother (my late grandfather's wife). She was so very touched (of course), just as I was. Even now my eyes fill up just telling you about it. Words can't describe how happy, proud, and excited I am to give our son my grandfather's name. Boy, what a long answer to a simple question, huh??? I hope you're well and I sure hope to see a BFP announcement from you one of these days.
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 10:56am

Awwww, that is so sweet.

~ Jodi ~

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 3:29pm

Hi, Jodi-

Here's a pretty good summary of Ovarian Reserve, particulary in women over 40:

http://parenting.ivillage.com/ttc/ttcage/0,,45dw,00.html?ice=iv:mb:msg:rk

The article states that women are born with all of the eggs they will ever have so technically you can not increase the ovarian reserve.

reena050809.jpg 0809 picture by reena102

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 6:53pm

Jodi, I like to think Royal Jelly did the trick for me. After 7 unsuccessful insemination cycles