Thank God for Zofran!!!!!

iVillage Member
Thank God for Zofran!!!!!
Tue, 05-04-2010 - 6:12am

That first medicine I tried, Farganesse (against nausea) didn't do me any good. Now I'm on Zofran -- I take one each morning as soon as I wake up -- and it seems to be working!! Yesterday I actually ate a big serving of tortellini with tomato sauce, and some other foods too -- not in huge servings, but enough to keep me OK. Today also, I actually had a little bit of coffee at breakfast, and ate some meatballs and green beans for lunch. Again, not huge servings but it's certainly FAR more than I would have been able to eat otherwise.

I feel like sending flowers to my doctor!!!

Hope the medicine will continue to work! I might even go back to work next week.

Take care, all you ladies here. Try Zofran if you are suffering from nausea!!

Molly

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-04-2010 - 8:31am
Hi Molly. I'm glad to hear you found something that's giving you some relief! That MS is awful!!! What country do you live in (I can't remember if you're in the States)? I live in Canada where Diclectin is the drug of choice commonly and often prescribed to pregnant women but it's not prescribed in the States. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I bet you're relieved to be able to eat, huh?
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-04-2010 - 9:02am

My docs never even mentioned Zofran as an option for me-- but I've since seen a number of women say it helped them a lot. Guess I didn't make enough noise about my MS, even though it lasted 2 months for me. Anyway, glad you're getting some relief.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-04-2010 - 9:57am
Thanks, Joan and Karen... yes I hope it will continue to work for me.
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-04-2010 - 11:45am

Hi Molly!

Love me some Zofran!!!

I first experienced it in 2004 with the pregnancy of my daughter. I was hitting the 20-week mark and still throwing up daily...and often in public places! UGH! At the time, Zofran did not have a generic on the market and my health insurance would not cover the cost as it was primarily prescribed for patients suffering from nausea brought on by chemotherapy. Fortunately, the drug reps had dropped off some samples with my OBs office and they in turn gave me several tablets to use. It was enough to do the trick and at least settle my stomach.

Well, 6 years later, Zofran is now manufactured in the generic and my health insurance will cover the cost. This time, I got a scrip around the 14-week mark. I took it about 2 weeks to get the vomiting and nausea under control, but then the horrible constipation set it. Did your doc warn you about that? Make sure to drink plenty of water/fluids and increase your fiber.

I'm now in my 26th week and although I haven't had to take Zofran at all, I still have a day or two here and there where I experience nausea and or throw up. Ugh! I had no MS with my middle child so I'm not sure why I have it again with the 3rd! Just so glad there is now something to be prescribed!

Wishing you continued success with the Zofran!

Val

P.S. Zofran really is my BFF. I have had 2 prior c-sections and I am also a anesthesia puker. This time, the OB surgical nurse said that they will have the Zofran ready to go in my IV so that I don't even have to go there! There is nothing worse than puking after major abdominal surgery.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2010 - 6:16am

Thanks, Val. Glad to know it worked well for you too. You know what, I'm just a little bit afraid that for some reason the Zofran might STOP working. Could that happen? Today for example I'm still spitting into a rag all day (sorry TMI) and not very inspired to eat, though I know I must. Or do you think the Zofran will keep working reliably?? I'm just scared 'cause I'm counting on it so much....

Molly