This Is It...Farewell for a Few Days!

iVillage Member
This Is It...Farewell for a Few Days!
Wed, 05-05-2010 - 11:05am

Well, ladies, tomorrow is the big day. Little Joey will be here and in my arms by tomorrow night, barring any unexpected delays, etc.. With each of our girls, they and I stayed in the hospital for four days so I expect the same will happen with this little guy, too (since I'm a Type 1 diabetic my babies are born with borderline low blood sugar so they need a glucose IV to gradually increase their blood glucose levels. It takes a few days to get their level up, then wean them off it. And since I breastfeed my children, if there's room in the hospital, they let me stay with them.)

Anyway, I'll be thinking about all of you but will most likely be away from a computer for much of the time I'm in there. I'll try to update you from my hubby's laptop IF there's wireless internet connection at the hospital (our hospital is quite outdated, LOL!). Worst case, I'll ask Anthony to post a quick update once the little guy arrives. Best wishes to you all, I hope you all continue to be well, and I'll keep each of you in my thoughts.

Ciao!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2010 - 11:14am

Joan,

I am so excited for you! I hope you have an amazing, easy labor and delivery. We will all be thinking about you and looking forward to the full story and pictures!!

Blessings,

Wendy, Homeschooling Mama Expecting #7 in Early December

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2010 - 1:56pm
Good luck, Joan!

reena050809.jpg 0809 picture by reena102

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2010 - 2:19pm

Joan,

I am so very excited for you!!! I imagine you might have a rough time trying to fall asleep tonight. Hope you can though...you're gonna need to be on your game for your little man! (Isn't that so cute...Joey, the little guy!)

Hoping and praying that you have a safe and easy delivery and that little man's blood sugar ends up being okay.

I too have extended stay...not only b/c of the c-sections, but also b/c of the GD. I feel so bad that my little babes have to go thru the repeated heel sticks to check that darn blood sugar, but better safe than sorry!

I'm gonna miss your loving and supportive words around here, but know that you are gonna be sharing loving and supportive words for your two daughters in their adjustment from going to two to three.

Like Reena said, don't worry about getting on the boards, but definitely try to get hubby to post pics when you get home from the wireless hospital! Ha ha!

Blessings to you and your whole family,

Val

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-05-2010 - 3:22pm

Joan,

Although you're probably gone by now, just wanted to add my best wishes and big {{Hugs}} to you. Looking forward to hearing from you about the whole experience in a few days.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-06-2010 - 2:42am

Thanks so much for the well wishes and kind words. I'll update you (or Anthony will on my behalf) as soon as one of us can. I hope everyone is well, stays well, and is happy. Thanks again everyone! : )

We leave for the hospital at 7:15 this morning. Hopefully it isn't too busy in L & D so the doc can check me and get things rollin'!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 6:42am
By now Joey is here! Can't wait to hear all about it and see a picture! Congratulations!

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 10:25am
Hi Carol. Unfortunately I was sent home from the hospital yesterday after my doc determined he had one too many patients there waiting to be induced. There were other women there who's babies apparently decided to naturally arrive so I was the unlucky one who was sent home. My induction is rescheduled for this coming Tuesday, however, I was 3 cm dilated until he stripped my membranes at which time he declared "Now you're about 4. And the baby's head is right there so there's a good chance you'll be in here on your own before Tuesday." So now it's all a waiting game again.... UGH!
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 12:30am
Oh man....

~ Jodi ~

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 1:53am

Thanks, Jodi. My Mom flew in to watch our girls (paid extra bucks to bump her flight up to arrive by Wed night, only to see me walk back into my house at 9:45 a.m. Thursday morning to announce that I'd been sent home due to the L & D floor being too busy)! So, I've been busy spending time with my Mom, etc.. It actually worked out well; this will be the first Mother's Day we spent together in seven years. So while I'm disappointed Joey isn't here yet, I have other positive things going on to keep me occupied until his arrival.

Today we went food shopping, visited Lilah's school, and made some sew-free baby carriers out of cotton stretch fabric (they're the same as Moby wraps; my Mom picked up the material for me and can you believe I scored 2 carriers for less than $10?!). Tomorrow we'll do a bit more shopping then have dinner at one of Lilah's favorite places (there are two favs she has so my Mom's leaving it up to her to choose where we eat). I overheard Lilah tell my Mom she wanted to make me breakfast in bed Sun for Mother's Day (how sweet!!) so, since my "bed" is the couch these days, I'm not sure how I'm going to pull off being surprised, but it'll be fun and touching nonetheless. The girls will each give their gift to my Mom for Mother's Day, another first since my Mom has never been with her grandchildren on Mother's Day. We'll end the day with Lilah's and my favorite dinner made by my Mom: Eye roast and horseradish sauce with "G'Mom's homemade gravy", mashed potatoes, and fresh, steamed string beans. Yum.

Happy Mother's Day to you, my friend! Enjoy and be well! Thanks so much for popping in. : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 2:02am
Keeping you in my thoughts.
Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Pages