Weird symptom

iVillage Member
Weird symptom
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 2:52am

For the last 2 days I have had a new and weird symptom: the muscles in my arms and legs feel like they're tight, tense, constricted. Yesterday when I tried to write with a pen I could barely do it.

I asked my doctor (the one who lives downstairs from me) if he thought it was because of the medicine I'm taking (Zofran). He took my arm and kind of bent it all around to see if it was tight or loose, and he said, "Your muscles are fine, and the medicine isn't doing that." He said that the tight-muscle feeling was probably due to fluctuations in hormones and/or "mineral salts" ... and he asked me if I'm drinking enough fluids (answer: not really). He told me to drink more, and eat more fruits.

Have any of you ladies felt or heard about this kind of feeling?

Have a great day!

Molly

iVillage Member
In reply to: imolly70
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 11:06am

Hi Molly.

I don't think that I have ever experienced what you are talking about.

I do experience carpal tunnel several times a day (where the wrist, fingers, hand go numb) from using a pen, holding the blow dryer, or when I fall asleep.

Pregnancy hormones do funky things to us. I did experience almost arthritis-like joint pain for several weeks after I delivered Mary Catherine. My arm would literally feel stuck from the bent position it was in when holding Mary. I could barely get up off the couch after nursing to put her back in the bassinet b/c my back and knees would feel locked in place. It was terrible, but extra fluids and lots of fruit and veggies did seem to help...maybe I too was missing impt. salts and minerals.

Keep us posted on how you're feeling.

Val

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 4:02pm
Sounds like dehydration. Drink some gatorade. Then be sure to drink at least 64oz. of water or juice a day. Rememeber that dehydration is very bad for the baby and can trigger pretrerm labor. I'm labeled at risk for PTL and I'mm supposed to drink 100oz. a day!
- Jenna, 41, DH 38 TTC since September '06 with MFI. 3 failed unmedicated IUI's with DH sperm, 1 failed IUI with injects with DH sperm, IVF #1 BFN, FET BFP but M/c week 5, IVF#2 BFP m/c week 7, IUI with injects and donor sperm: probable chemical pg. 1 failed unmedicated DS/IUI. Started BCP's 7/30 for IVF #3, ER 9/10, ET 9/15, Beta 9/24 results 9/25. BFP, Twins. Lost 1st twin at 9-10 weeks, lost second twin at 16 weeks 12/17/08. Attempted IUI #4 converted to DS/DH IUI April 09 at my request, BFP and M/c. IVF #4 June 09 BFN. DS-IUI w/injects 7/6/09, BFN. Hysteroscopic myomectomy to remove fibroid 7/29/09.Unmedicated DS-IUI 9/09, BFN. DS-IUI with injects, 10/09, BFP and M/C. DH/DS-IUI with injects and HGH, 12/6. BFP! Betas: 12dpo 12/18 58, 14 dpo 12/20 157, 16dpo 12/22 379, 22 dpo 12/28 4,002

pregnancy
- Jenna
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 3:18am

Thanks Val and Jenna. I know I do need to drink more in general, so I try to eat "wet" foods such as cereal with milk and ice cream. As the nausea passes I think I will be better able to up my fluid intake. The weird muscle feeling I had is gone now.

This morning while lying in bed, by the way,

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-18-2010 - 12:00am
Hi Molly. Sorry you're dealing with a mystery symptom. I know how perplexing that can be! I never experienced it -- nor have I heard of it, but like Val said, those pregnancy hormones do some crazy, crazy things! I agree with the suggestions to drink more. Give it a try....it can't hurt, right? Best wishes to you.
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-18-2010 - 3:02am

Hi Joan, you must be back at home! Is Joey sleeping a lot? Are the girls doing OK?

Here's a story that might make you laugh: when my son was born, my oldest daughter was about 2 years old. I called her from the hospital to say hello, and she said to me, "Mommy, the poopy jar is on your bed."

Passive-aggressive? Black humor? You be the judge!!

Have a great day, take care of yourself.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-19-2010 - 9:24am

Hi Molly.

Photobucket