Measuring a week small

iVillage Member
Measuring a week small
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 9:27pm

I am absolutely frazzled. I am 19 weeks 3 days and still waiting for the results (three weeks ago) of the integrated screen (although we heard the nuchal fold test was good). and I had my ultrasound last week.

Still no screening results, but the doctor called to say baby was measuring a week too small. What??? They said at my 8 week Ultrasound (that gave us the due date) that she was measuring small then as well - although not an entire week. Whatever that means! He said it could be that I am small (I am five 1) but I have had two other kids and never heard they were a week smaller. He scheduled another test for next month.

I just don't know what to do with myself! I haven;'t told anyone yet -hiding in big coats, and bulkly tops waiting for the news that would let me relax enough to tell people. *I* am growing with each week, and I can feel babe kicking - I just don't know what to think. I am just wondering if anyone else had been through this type of news, or had anything to add?

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 1:23pm

Hi:

I just thought I would add my own thoughts & experience on this. It is easier said than done but try not to worry too much about it.

When I went for my first u/s, according to my LMP I should have been like 7wks

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 11:03pm

By ultrasound.
I am not sure what they are concerned about - I suppose he was letting me know whey he was scheduling another ultrasound next month. I asked possible reasons and he said placenta issues, though I didn't have a history of that with my last two.. it's all guessing right now and I hate guessing!

I don't even know how big a concern it is - he wonders about dates, but I think the date is right.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 10:36pm
How did your doc determine that you are measuring small? By ultrasound? I am measuring 4 weeks ahead and they were not too concerned. I think you are probably okay. Are they worried that the baby is not growing properly? Hang in there.

Carol, mom to 6PhotobucketPhotobucket

Carol, mom to 7