Food Aversions?

iVillage Member
Food Aversions?
Sun, 08-01-2010 - 11:40am

Hello all. I am almost 16 wks PG and still having food aversions. I never had much queasiness with either PG and no MS to speak of. However, I do find certain foods are not for me -- while of course, I crave others. I crave fruit, in particular. In my first PG, however, cravings and aversions were not an issue after the first trimester.

Anyway, my issue is that I do not want meat, or eggs or fish -- in other words...foods I need to eat -- especially with twins on board. I don't mind dairy and have been drinking milk and eating foods like French toast or pancakes that contain eggs. I also like peanut butter. However, I really don't think I am getting enough low fat protein, or low carb protein. I am worried that my relatively higher carb/lower protein diet may cause GD or excessive weight gain...or poor growth with the babies.

Does anyone have some advice or experience with avoiding an entire food group? Perhpas even a recipe or two you can pass along?

thanks

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: eli2005
Tue, 08-03-2010 - 12:43pm

Found you again, Krista!

I'd go with the aversions,

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 1:00pm

Perhaps you could check out the vegetarian collection on allrecipes.com? They have rankings by users that have cooked the dish and nutritional info for each recipe. Click on the + sign and it can give you the grams of protein per serving. Maybe ask your OB how many grams of protein you should be shooting for and then work it in through vegetarian dishes.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Everyday-Cooking/Vegetarian/Main.aspx

Good luck!

Renee, 43, EDD 03/05/11

baby development
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 10:30am
Thanks Renee. Will do. I was a vegetarian for 16 years so I think I just needed some inspiration.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-05-2010 - 10:57am
Chick peas and other legumes are a good source of protein. Maybe you can eat those. I think soy milk is, too -- and there are different flavors to choose from.. Good luck.

Photobucket

Photobucket