Any one due in August? Just want to say

iVillage Member
Any one due in August? Just want to say
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 11:20am
hello and see how you are doing and if you had an u/s yet? do you know is you are having a boy or a girl?

Rossana and baby girl EDD 8/30

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 11:50am
Hi Rossana,

My name is Sharon (40) and I'm due on August 31 with a boy. I've had 2 u/s at the OB's office and 2 Level IIs (one with my CVS at 13w) and another at 18w.

So far, doing fine, but "cautiously optimistic" - and you? Nice to have another "due date buddy".

Hope all is well.

Sharon
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 3:36pm
Hi Sharon,

We are due around the same time! You are right,we are due date buddies. This pregnancy was a little difficult at first but thing are better now that m/s is gone, and I hope is gone for good. I have lots of energy right now and I feel "huge", I'm enjoying this pregnancy at the moment but I'm having discomfort at night while sleeping. I had an u/s at 18 weeks and I will have another at 23 weeks. I'm excited to be getting a girl. I've been married for 20 years and we are thrilled to have a baby at this stage of life. I am a SAHM and have been doing that for the past 18 years. How about you?

Rossana EDD 8/30

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 10:11pm
Rossana, (sorry - long)

I know that m/s can be really bad, fortunately I got my mother's gene for zero morning sickness (except for nausea before I even was certain I was expecting!). Other than that, none. I did, however have some spotting for a few days right after the pg test. It happened again one morning about a week later. I have had a previous m/c, so I was anxious to get to my 8 week appt. That's when I had my first u/s. The other two were at 13w and then 18w. It is nice (and amazing) to see the change throughout the weeks. I'm not sure if I have to have any more, possible later on since my placenta was a bit low. The Dr. said they usually "fix" themselves, but they have to keep an eye on it as I get closer to term. I too, feel "huge" and am having trouble sleeping. We are excited and shocked to be adding a boy to our household! I am currently a SAHM, but plan to return to work after the little guy is about 6 mos.

Take care. I'll keep in touch. Please feel free to do the same.

Sharon

EDD 8/31

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 8:20am
I'm due in the middle of August - at my level 2 ultrasound a week ago the baby measured in at 21 weeks, so I am 22 weeks now - that means that "she" should be born around 8/15. I am a newlywed with an 11 yr old son. My husband has 3 daughters from a previous marriage, so although he wanted a boy, he expected and is happy about this little girl. I am happy too. I think that my son (even though he claims to have wanted a boy) will find it easier to share me with a sister. We have not come up with a name that we both agree on, so I call her "little girl".

I too have a low placenta which my ob/gyn thinks will move up by 34 weeks. The months seem to be flying by. My only discomfort so far is congestion every night. I had m/s until about 13 weeks, then miraculously, it disappeared. I can no longer fit my clothes, and I haven't bought maternity clothes yet, but I want to wait for another month. I am a school social worker, and I have summers off, so I am really really looking forward to the end of May.

Good luck, fellow August deliverers. It looks like I should go first!! :-) But you never know.

Alex edd around 8/15

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 5:03pm
Alex,

Hi, it's nice to have another due date buddy - the OB told me we'd check the placenta again at 33w to see if it had "fixed" itself...

I'm sure the entire family will adjust to the new baby. It will be exciting for everyone!

As far as maternity clothes, I broke down a couple of weeks ago and bought 2 pairs of pants (Japanese Weekend and Old Navy) and a tank top (Old Navy). I thought I was going to have only one child, so I gave all my stuff away! Yesterday I bought maternity underwear and 2 shirts from Motherhood Maternity. My sister-in-law sent me a pair of capris and a T-shirt from Old Navy. I'm sure I'm the "chubby" one of the group - I gained 14 lbs. by week 16 and I'm sure I've gained close to 10 in the last 4 weeks (shame on me!) I'll be sure to tell you after next Tuesday...

Enjoy your time off, I'm sure we'll be in touch before, during and after!

Sharon

EDD 8/31 (boy)

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-10-2003 - 10:49am
hello...8/11 here...trey the bouncing kicking baby! Lauren