How many of us are due in July?

iVillage Member
How many of us are due in July?
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 11:41am
I'm Nancy (43), expecting my second son July 25. My first (Nick, aged 9) is thrilled, as is my husband. Who else is expecting July babies? Won't it be fun to be huge and hot at the same time? Well, at least our newborns won't need much in the way of clothing....

Nancy

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-12-2003 - 10:52am
Officially I am Aug 1, but I'll be delivering by scheduled c/s around July 15. Thankfully it doesn't get too hot around here. I agree with you about clothes... diapers and t-shirts!! ...and also it'll be nice that the house is nice and warm at night, so it'll be easier to comply with all those SIDS recommendations about blankets and bedding.

Dawna.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 10:06am
Hi Nancy, my actual due date is July 14th but my OB is going to schedule a C/S the first week of July (unless she decides to come sooner). I am expecting a little girl. I have 2 boys

(17 & 13) and my husband has 2 boys (22,21). We are very excited about having this little girl.

I am really starting to feel miserable. It seems like I just got really big all of a sudden! I keep measuring my belly and it is growing like an inch every week and a half! I have always been a really active person and the "extra" is overwhelming. I have gained 16lbs. Im hoping not to gain too much but I still have 12 weeks to go! My husband keeps telling me to eat, eat! He started out gaining weight with me...LOL I guess we will both be trying to lose after she gets here! I am definately ready to be on the other side of this holding my little baby girl!

I live in Texas so it will definately be getting hot here. Im ready for it though! I cant stand the cold weather.

I hope all is going well with you. It is nice to see the other ladies due around the same time. I havent been posting much lately...I would love to hear how everyone is doing that is due around the same time I am. Thanks Nancy

Mollie edd 7/7 w/ c/s and little Gracelyn

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 4:29pm
I also got huge all at once... I didn't gain any weight in the first trimester, but suddenly I have gained 14 lbs (at 26 weeks) and have a huge belly. How did this happen? I guess we may just have less-strong abdominal muscles! I am also really hoping to keep my weight down (I gained 35 lbs with my first son, but I was much skinnier when I started). This time I think I'm not eating too much, it just all seems to turn up in my belly!

Another very noticiable thing this time is that this baby is VERY active, more so than I remember from last time. I have a friend that is expecting the week after I am, and she says that she feels "some fetal movement", but I feel like I'm being kicked half the time -- and strongly! I wonder what this means about the personality of this new baby (who is a boy)? I can't wait for him to be born -- if only so he won't kick me in the middle of the night any more!

Nancy

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 10:22am
Hi Nancy,

That is exactly what has happened with me and my weight.Seems to be all at one time! I was very little before I started trying to get pregnant (size 2-4) and gained 10lbs just hoping that would help my fertility. Thats what the doctor said to do anyway! haha I just see myself as being that small.

My little girl is a gymnist also!She moving around constantly! Very very active! I am really excited to see what she is like too! I cant wait!

Mollie

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 3:28pm
Well, I just failed another 1 hr glucose test (2nd time this pregnancy, 3rd time all together). What a pain. So tomorrow I'm off for another 3hr GTT. Last time (13 weeks) I was sure I would pass, but with my weight gain this time around (16 lbs at 26 weeks, almost all in the second trimester), I'm more nervous. My first child was almost 10 lbs, so I guess I'm high risk for gestational diabetes (though I have never been diagnosed with it). Wish me luck, I think I need it.

Nancy