Everyone tell us where you live!

iVillage Member
Everyone tell us where you live!
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 11:01am
I live right outside the Dallas/Ft Worth area. My husband and I have 4 boys from previous marriages and are expecting a much wanted little girl in July! Amazing Grace!

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 11:23am
Vancouver, Canada. It has been a long, wet spring, but the flowers have been beautiful. Snowdrops, crocuses and early daffs are done; tulips and ornamental cherries are just getting going.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 2:26pm
We live in central MI, which still BTW seems to be having winter...trees are barely budding and no early flowers yet...

We are moving to NW Arkansas three weeks after my due date (me and kids...DH will join us about 3 weeks later)!! DH will change careers and be a professor:)

Sandy

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 2:41pm
I live in Ottawa, Canada where there is no clear sign of spring yet! DH is a software engineer (luckily employed at present) and I am SAHM (degree in library science but uncertain about my professional future). We have a wonderful 15 month old named Simone.

Heidi (41)

Official due date now 12/5

Edited 4/18/2003 2:42:26 PM ET by hmsconstant

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 6:28pm
We live in Franklin,Pa. halfway between Erie and Pittsburgh. It is a gorgeous place to live but, we do have an unemployment problem. My husband of 23 years has been downsized and hasn't worked since November. We are praying for work with 5 kids, one in college, and a new one hopefully on the way. Good news is my hubby is nesting so lots is getting done in our 100 yr old, 15 room house...work will come.

Laurie dd 11/29
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-19-2003 - 10:05am
My DH was laid off in December 2001, a month before our DD was born. He was a great help with baby. However, it wasn't too long before he began to job search in earnest. Among other things he did some free work for a friend who was trying to establish a start up company. At the beginning of December 2002 the company was officially launched and he was hired full-time. So far they have about 30 employees. We'll know by autumn if this company has any long term prospects. Meanwhile we are glad he has a regular paycheck (albiet much less than previously) and something to add to his resume. Plus he has acquired quite a bit of knowledge.

Anyway, I'm blathering on. You sound fairly optimistic. Yes things can suddenly change for the better too! Good luck to you, your husband and family!

Heidi (41)

EDD 12/5

PS So far DH is working at least 10 hours a day. I hope the pace will slacken a bit by December when the second one arrives.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-19-2003 - 10:11am
We live in NE New Jersey, just across the bridge from New York City (where both DH and I work). Although it may seem unlikely to folks not from this area, we live in a great small town full of houses with nice yards, trees, parks, etc. (including playgrounds for little ones!), and our son rides his bike to a great local school just 3/4 mile away. Working in NYC is sometimes a hassle, but our home and town make up for a lot... plus we really like our jobs (we are both scientists who work at the American Museum of Natural History).

Nancy

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-19-2003 - 7:39pm
We live in a small town just west of Charlotte, North Carolina. I'm a displaced Candaian who loves the warm weather. My husband and I run a combination ice cream parlour and baby shop downstairs from our home in an historic 150 yr old building, in the "downtown" of our little town. Yeah! The baby-lady, as I am known, is finally pregnant after 4 yrs of secondary infertility! I have my pick of baby stuff, but am being choosy this time around and still have my eyes out for a couple things I want.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-19-2003 - 7:48pm
I also live in northeast New Jersey! I was working in NYC when I was pregnant with my DS, but now I'm a SAHM. I'm originally from New England, but DH grew up just 10 miles from where we now live. He has set up his practice in his father's old office in the house he grew up in -- his mother still lives upstairs. My mother is 300 miles away in Maine (which is fine with me).

-Amy, DS (6 next month!), #2 EDD Aug/Sept

"To the world you may be one person,
but to one person you just might be the world."

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 12:24pm
What a dream career for you and DH. Ice cream and baby stuff! And a great location to boot. We rented a home on the Outer Banks for our family vacation last year. We pretty much stayed on the beach but managed to drive around for a while. I love the weather in NC. We hope to be back there maybe next year with new baby in tow!

Oh, yeah, I'm in Cleveland, Ohio.

Debbie (39, 40 in July), EDD 10/23 with #2, DH 38, DS 3

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 5:35pm
We are living in Phoenix AZ, have for the past 11 yrs (since our marriage). We are both from MN & lived in Albuquerque, NM before moving here. We have the most AWESOME spring weather here! Otherwise, I would chose to live somewhere else where there is no humidity. I am not wild about Phoenix. Going back to humid MN in the summer just saps me. I am a SAHM for another 5 yrs or so as this is a surpise baby (#4) & Dh is a software engineer for Honeywell designing for cockpits. He loves his job & his church here so won't be moving until he finds a better place.

Pages