Any November EDD's?

iVillage Member
Any November EDD's?
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 12:50pm
I'm 42, due Nov 6 with baby number 4, who was a surprise. My youngest is almost 7.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 1:19pm
I'm 43 expecting # 4 and will be 44 when he/she arrives. I don't have a DD yet, but I'm guessing aroung 11/28. This is a totally unexpected pg as well and my husband hasn't spoken to me in weeks (it's my fault of course and I planned it). He actually wanted me to terminate and that's the reason he's not speaking to me. He's a stay at home dad and doesn't want to go through this again. Nor do I, but it's happened and oh well, we'll just be buying diapers for a few more years than expected. My other 3 girls are 7, 5 and 2. The last one is adopted, she's my husband's biological great niece. (His sister's daughters child) We've had her since birth and she is legally adopted.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 2:27pm
That's tough to have him so unhappy about it. Still, it seems rather anticlimactic to terminate it now that it's done. Maybe he'll feel better about it when he's had time to get used to the idea and psyche himself up for it. Are the others in school/day care for part of the time? That could take some of the load off him.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 11:54pm
Tess, 40 EDD 11/2.

We live in North Carolina, but are selling our baby shop - ice cream parlour and relocating to Toronto,Canada, until after the baby is born. Mom is terminal and I'm leaving for a 2 wk vissit in the morning, then will come back here, gather up the family, tie up the loose ends and move up North. We're surprising the family up there - they don't know.

I may be off-line more than on for the next month or so, until we get straightened out.

Step-daughter, 14, is spending the summer with her mother. Our ds, 4 is excited about all the new changes coming, and tells everyone it's "his" baby....

My best to all our November mommies, and I'll be back to checkon everyone as soon as possible.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 5:34pm
DH has bee civil to me the last two days. He's still in denial. Trust me, I've offered to put the other two in daycare, get some outside help, but he's one of those that doesn't want anyone in his house and doesn't want anyone putting their morals, etc. on his child. I've offered to put this one in daycare. We're financially able. I make very good money, but he refuses. The second one will start kindergarten next year. He just thought his diapering days and having to tend to more than one most of the day was over. Anyway, termination was NEVER an option for me.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-26-2003 - 9:54am
It sounds like he just needs some time. I know for the couple of weeks when I suspected I might be pregnant, I wanted so much to believe it wasn't true. I had gotten rid of all my baby things and was moving into the next phase of my life. It took me a few weeks to warm to the idea. For him, not having the closeness of carrying the child in his own body, it may take a little longer.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 6:45pm
DH has come around but we may not stay together after this birth. He's actually acting like the man I fell in love with, but it took a major blow out of me threatening to leave. We both have agreed the marriage was over before the pregnancy and were staying together for the children. He's miserable, makes me miserable and we're such nicer to each other when we're not together. I don't want it to get past the point of nastiness. We have a lot to figure out, but we've decided for the sake of the children and for this pregnancy to stay together until after the birth and then make some decisions.

Otherwise I'm fine, still apprehensive because of my age, etc. and can't wait to have all the tests out of the way so I can be worry/stress free.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-10-2003 - 12:10pm
I am 43 EDD 11/27. My DH is 36 and this is his first, I have 4DD's 27,25,23 and 15.

We have been tring for 2 years with 2 losses. 1/02 and 8/02. Looking forward to sharing the next 6 months with you all.

Paula