How are all the July moms doing?

iVillage Member
How are all the July moms doing?
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 9:54am
Everything seems to be chugging along fine with me. No major problems! yeah! It is just getting harder and harder to move around with this big basketball in front of me! That seems to be my biggest complaint... Im not as mobile as I used to be!

July is getting closer and closer! Im looking forward to holding little Grace in my arms! I went shopping yesterday and pretty much got most of the things we will need in the beginning stage! That was so much fun! Wow, there are all kinds of things out there these days! I will definately need more money next time! I loved looking at all the "little girl" things!

Mollie edd 7/7 w/ little Gracelyn

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 10:37pm
Currently a July mom but may become a June mom. Hi Molly been a while since I've had the time to post, sounds like all is well with you. I've developed gestational diabetes but am able to control it with diet, have to prick my finger 4 times a day though. I've also started going weekly for a NST to make sure the baby is not under any stress, a precaution because of my age. The Dr said if there are any signs of stress and the babys lungs and heart are developed any time after 6/8 she will induce or do a c-section which ever is indicated. Actually looking foreward to possibaly holding him a month early but also concerned for his well being if he comes early.
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 8:13am
Hi Susie, I havent heard from you in a while. Your email address got lost somewhere in the muck and I have been wondering about you! Im sorry about the diabetes but hopefully all is under control. From what I hear it is not uncommon and is controllable. I know what you mean about it being nice to have the baby early but its scary at the same time. Hang in there Susie! E-mail me if you have time... MollieandKen@cs.com Have you settled on a name yet?

Hope to talk to you soon!

Mollie

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 9:07pm
All is well with us, but I can certainly relate to the basketball analogy! It's very hard for me to believe that I really have 2 months left to go. I know I'm going to get bigger, but it's hard to imagine exactly how. Oh boy, those hot summer months are going to be fun! We live in New Jersey (where it's usually in the 80s or 90s with high humidity in the summer), and have no air conditioning (we prefer ceiling fans)... but this year I may break down and use the little air conditioner we bought for the guestroom for un-acclimated guests. I don't know about you other gals, but I've already bought my materity bathing suit (from the Lands' End website) so I can spend as much time as possible at the community pool!

My baby is extremely active, so I feel like I'm getting pummelled almost all the time. Sometimes it's really nice, but after a long day (or in the middle of the night when he wakes me up) I could do with a little less violent activity. On the amusing side, my 9 year-old son thinks it's all very fun and funny, he loves feeling the baby kick and looking at how my belly button is turning inside out.

Although my preference is to ignore such things as much as possible, I can feel myself slowing down these days. I work full time, but when I do things is pretty much up to me, and I find myself taking breaks more often (sometimes even catnaps when nobody is around). I could also use more sleep at night, although I am getting about 7 1/2 hours most nights as usual (with several wake-ups due to discomfort and/or major baby kicks). I think I could easily get used to 9 hours if given a chance!

One thing I am really missing is bike riding. Not that I do that much of it most of the year, but in the sping and fall we like to take family bike rides. My son just got a new, much bigger bike (with gears for the first time) and wants me to go riding around town with him. But I am feeling to big and awkward to feel safe on a bike (I think). What about you guys?

Best wishes,

Nancy (age 43, will be 44 when the baby comes, EDD 7/25)