Need some info. please

iVillage Member
Need some info. please
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 7:03pm
Have any of you ladies lost a baby in the second trimester? and how long did you wait until you tried again? Does your chance of m/c increase if you don't wait the 3 mos.? It is so hard to use birth control when you want to be pregnant and don't even know if you can even get preg. again. My MD said that it is easier to get pregnant after a loss, never heard that before. Any info. would be great. Thanks so much
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-17-2003 - 8:48am
Both my losses were in the first trimester... My RE did not make me wait 3 months. He had me try again right after I had gotten the first period after the m/c (i.e. one cycle counting the m/cs as the beggining of it) He said that most Drs. that recommend waiting longer do it with the mental health of the mom in mind, not the physical health. He felt very strongly that women in our age group had no time to waste (his words).

{{{hugs}}}

Bea

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-18-2003 - 6:28pm
We lost one - a blighted ovum - in the second trimester. I wasn't "up" to begin trying for a while, but in retrospect I should have. It took just over three years, and here I am in my second trimester again, though I'm not worried since the odds are with me.

Tess
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-19-2003 - 10:14pm
I m/c at 13 weeks in Sept 01, then waited 3 months like my Dr said. I was 39. Then m/c again at 5-6 weeks in Jan 02. I was beginning to feel that another viable pregnancy wasn't possible for me. For the next 9 months we weren't ttc, but then we weren't doing anything to prevent it either.

And now here I sit, 7 months pregnant.

Sharon

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 5:28pm
I lost a baby in the 5th month and the doctor said just to wait until I got my first period before trying again. Menstruating is a sign that all systems are go, physically speaking (emotionally is another matter, of course).