How are the July Moms?

iVillage Member
How are the July Moms?
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 12:03pm
Just wanting to see how all the other July Moms are doing. Im feeling really fat, having alot of back problems, a little nauseous and lightheaded. I looked down at my leg yesterday and I swear that it doesnt belong to me! I guess overall its not that bad but I am feeling whiney today! ha I am definately ready to hold this little girl in my arms! She is such a gymnist. She is kicking and bouncing and jumping around constantly! Anyone else have such an active baby?

I guess we are getting close enough now that I am starting to worrying about my c/s and the post birth stuff. Its getting scary now!

Mollie scheduled c/s 7/7(tentatively) w/ little Gracelyn

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 6:16pm
Hi Mollie, glad to hear things are OK (except for the weight, swelling, and all that other fun stuff). I'm very much at the same place! No swelling so far (I try to drink tons of water since that is supposed to help), but I think of myself as having reached the "beached whale" stage -- everything is an effort, even though I basically feel fine. When I come home from work at the end of the day, I now trudge up the hill instead of walking... and my husband says that I grunt all the time when sitting down or standing up! How attractive....!

I also have a VERY active baby -- he seems to be going strong much of the time, kicking and punching and pushing and writhing around, it's sometimes quite amazing. I don't remember my first son being like this! My theory (in part from talking to my doctor) is that my uterus is more stretched out this time, so he has more room to move (for now at least). It sure is shocking to see your whole belly move! I could do with a little more calm in the middle of the night, but perhaps this is just to get me used to waking up often!

Best wishes,

Nancy (43), edd 7/25 but probably will be early, induced 7/15 or so....

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 7:16pm
Hi Mollie,

I am due 7/30 and starting to feel really tired, but am still forcing myself to go to the gym and workout. It seems to be more of a chore though than fun. I am still playing golf and surprisingly my game hasn't suffered too much. The only thing is it's getting into the 100's (Arizona) and that's just too HOT, so my golf days may be over for a while. I am trying not to complain about feeling so huge, but sometimes it gets hard to breathe. I think I'll try and ignore it and see if that works! I have to pretend I feel good or else I'd just sit down and wait until the baby comes, so I just keep on plugging away.

Amy
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-27-2003 - 4:42pm
Dear Mollie and Amy: Are there really only three of us July moms? I keep waiting to see more folks post, but there don't seem to be any (or they just aren't posting).

How are you guys doing? I feel *really* pregnant now -- doing almost anything is an effort, I'm uncomfortable much of the time, and I'm not sleeping very well. Today at the library a woman looked at me knowingly and said "Any day now?" I wish! I can hardly believe that I have 6-8 more weeks to go! I shouldn't complain, though, since everything is fine with the baby and the pregnancy so far. But I'm not used to being so helpless -- my husband planted my herb garden today, and I hated not being able to do it myself!

I've finally started getting all the baby stuff organized (friends have been leaving bags full of clothes, gear, etc. on my porch for a while), trying to figure out what I'll need to actually buy. It all seems less critical this time around, as I know what I'll actually use (and can just eliminate the stuff that I won't), plus I know that I can always shop after the baby is born -- the first time around I somehow thought that I needed everything for the first 6 months to be in my house before the baby came!

Hope all is well with you...

Nancy EDD 7/25, but probably will be induced around 7/15

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 9:48am
Hi everyone, went in for my bi-monthly appointment last Friday. We had a sonogram and Gracelyn looks good! Everything is growing like it should be... the sonographer actually said she looked like a tall baby, her leg bone was long! DH & I are very average height.. Im 5'5" and he is 5'7" but I am mostly legs so I guess that is where she is getting it. The doctor put me on low activity alert... I cant do alot of walking or hard working! (Darn it! haha) I have been having many many Braxton Hicks contractions (10 or 12 an hour) and have had those few episodes of painful regular contractions. She examined me and said that the front of my cervix was open but the back was still closed(thank goodness). She also said the cervix was a little softer than she would like to see at this stage. My actual dd is 7/14. I just have to make it to 36 weeks and then she said I could have that baby anytime! We havent actually scheduled the c/s yet.. hopefully we will do that next visit. Im hoping to schedule it on June 30th which is my best friends and my FIL's birthday. Im not sure whether she will schedule me on the 38th week or not. Hope so!

Hope everyone else is doing great. I hope little Gracelyn starts to slow down on her gymnastics a bit! She actually knocks the breath out of me at times!

Mollie w/little Grace