June 2003 Roll Call--New Members&Lurkers

iVillage Member
June 2003 Roll Call--New Members&Lurkers
Sat, 05-31-2003 - 8:03pm
Sorry 'bout the 'tight' title! I couldn't get it all to fit in the space!! ;o)

"To the world you may be one person,
but to one person you just might be the world."

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 5:26pm
Hi. I hope I'm right in posting here.

I *am* a lurker ... not yet pregnant, but thinking about it.

It would be a Single Mom by Choice if I do decide to go through with it. AND, I'd be past 40 (that comes this September!)

So, just wanted to say hi and thanks for thinking of us lurkers and wanna-be-moms.

Hugs to you all.

Mia

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-10-2003 - 4:50pm
Pam, 41, due with #4 in Feb, probably lurk most of the time but I need to know there are others out there in my position.
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-10-2003 - 6:22pm
Hi Pam !!

I'm a lurker too (not even PG. yet.)

It IS nice to know we aren't alone in these things, huh?

These type of boards are especially good for women like me whose mother has passed away. We have a whole bunch of mothers (that is meant in the nicest way!) here!!!

Hugz,

Mia

co-CL of SOAP DISH on Women.com

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-wcsoaps

CL of EVERYTHING TV

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-eleverytv

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-16-2003 - 2:06pm
Hi, Can't decide if I'm joining or lurking! Anyway, we just found out we're expecting our third on 2/15/04.
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-16-2003 - 2:13pm
CONGRATULATIONS!

I'd say you've already "joined"!

:)

Heart hugz to you,

Mia

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-30-2003 - 6:52am
Hi,

I am 39 (DH--44 and DS-2). We had been ttc for 10 years before DS was born. We went through IVF/ICS twice before we conceived for the first time. He was and is still healthy and the apple of our eye. The plan was for us to try again with another round of IVF/ICSI after he was weaned. Our insurance was about to change so we thought about doing it when DS was 6 months old. That turned out to be too soon for me so that opportunity passed us up. Later, we had saved several thousand dollars and were just about to begin the injections when my DH lost his job. We lived on savings for 5 months while he pursued opportunities where he could have Saturday off (We are Seventh-day Adventists). He applied for several VA positions but without immediate response. Finally, after doing some contract work for another optometrist, he was offered a position at the VA over an hour away. They paid a sign-on bonus which basically replaced much of our savings. Then we started looking to sell our house and buy another (an hour and a half away). That is when the flood happened and our bottom level (den, office) were flooded and the carpet ruined. We also learned that it will probably deplete our savings to repair the problems with the lack of drainage in the back yard. FEMA gave us some $$ to replace the carpet. We continued to ask God for a miracle if it was within His will.

These were the circumstances in which I found myself beginning to feel "pregnant". (I gag with toothbrushing). DH said, "Don't buy a pregnancy test until next week--you know how many times we have wasted our money on those things!" He was right. But I became more and more convinced I was pregnant. Everyone around me seems to be pregnant right now. But this time, I wasn't angry about it---sad yes--but not angry. I was at the grocery store glancing down each isle looking for things I needed in the pantry. I'd forgotten about testing at the moment until I saw the baby products and that warm, longing to birth another baby flooded over me. I looked for the test and found a cheap 5.99 test (store brand) and popped it in the buggy. It was cycle day 32 so if I had gotten pregnant it would show up (I knew when my cf had dried up). That afternoon I got the greatest thrill of my entire life! I saw two lines without having to go through hyperstimulation and all the heartache and worry of IVF. I shouted thank you to God as I danced around the house while DS2 napped. DH still doesn't know even though I have been to the clinic and had the blood test. I want to surprise him in a clever way this Tuesday on our date (it was already planned before I found out--we have a babysitter and everything.) :)

I look forward to sharing more of this precious experience with you--I have to tell someone!

Laura