Pregnant again #4 HELPPP!!

iVillage Member
Pregnant again #4 HELPPP!!
Mon, 06-30-2003 - 8:55pm
HELLO EVERYONE

I just tested pos today and edd is march 7. How am I going to do this again?
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-02-2003 - 4:50pm
Congrats! It'll be ok! G/L and healthy and happy nine months!

Sharon edd 9/1

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-03-2003 - 12:34pm
You'll do fine. I'm on #4. Just get a stay at home dad like I have! lol. Let him do the worrying. But honestly it'll be fine. I have all girls and they're all almost3 years apart, 7, 5 and 2.

Keep in touch on the board!

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 11:18pm
Hi Twinkie,

I can certainly understand your plight. I am soon to be 40 and discovered I was pregnant with baby #4. Needless to say my initial response was not joy. But, over time I am learning to adjust to this reality. I'm hoping all goes well for you. I am currently 15 weeks pregnant and scheduled to have an ultrasound/amniocentesis on July 23rd. I'll say a prayer for you (the Lord knows I needed many prayers to get me through this--smile). And by the way, congratulations.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 10:36am
(((HUGS))) and Congratulations!!!

First of all, take a deep, deep breath!! Relax!!

You'll be just fine!! Keep on posting on this board for support, it's what got me through my last pregnancy at age 46! I'm now 49 years old, menopausal a couple of years now, with a three-year old who keeps me quite, quite busy!! My little boy was born very healthy at 8 lbs. 2 oz. when I was 46 years old, thought I was done after baby number 4 at age 39!! Life is full of surprises, make the most of it, this baby will be such a blessing to you!

How old are your other children? I'm sure the older kids will be such a great help, as was in my case. My kids are ages 22, 21, 19, 10 and 3, four boys and one girl.

Love Barb & Matt (3 years old)

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2003 - 5:36pm
Hi Lori,

I am 45 and having my 5th child!!! I have 3 from a previous marriage that are all grown and gone or in college and then I adopted my DH's son who is 7! He is 42 and thrilled! I am in shock and wondering, like you, how I will find the energy to go through all of this again. It is a miracle, but has some worries too!

Glad I found all of yall!

(I am from SC, but now live in AZ)

Terri
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2003 - 5:42pm
Barb,

It was good to read your posting...I am 45 and I am just shocked that I am pregnant! I have 4 children now (23, 21, 19 & 7). DH is 42 and thrilled. I am so worried about the health issues for the baby and myself. Did you have any testing done?

Good talking to you,

Terri
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-19-2003 - 4:37pm
Aloha Twinkie,

According to your profile, this child is no.7? Or maybe I read it wrong. Anyway, the way you're going to do it again is better and with greater confidence and skill than you have ever done it before, bar none! This is the pregnancy that is going to take you to the next level of trust and faith. Bringing new life into the world is a step of faith. Faith in God's plan for you. Faith, that with each new child you gain greater opportunities to learn about yourself, to rediscover the world, to direct another individual, to learn more about love and to RENEW your own vitality and to experience another aspect of God's character, that of a wise and loving parent to you in particular.

Read Hebrews 11, that great hall of faith and then read the entire book of Hebrews at one sitting. Read from it every day for a month and watch faith grow in you as you take in God's revelation (knowledge you can only gain from Him) of his faithfulness to folks just like you and me.

As for myself, I am 45 and due to deliver my 5th child by month's end, overall, my third homebirth. I am reminded every day that children are a heritage from the Lord and the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3. These last days are sometimes tense due to the discomfort and anticipation, but they will soon be over and my new little one will be here. This time around I am willing to try a different feeding method. One that is parent-directed rather than child led. I hope to accomplish a saner method of teaching my little one sleep patterns and feeding patterns that allow me more energy and time to devote to the care of the rest of my children, spouse and self. It will be an adventure for me. As it should be.

All the best,

Pearl