New member!

iVillage Member
New member!
Wed, 07-02-2003 - 12:56pm
I'm so glad I found this message board...I felt kind of lost in the regular

pregnancy board...too big, seldom a person over 40!!!!

I am 43...I have a darling little four year old girl...

My husband and I have been TTC again for 2 1/2 years. After five ivf attempts,

I am pregnant and staying that way...I hope!

I'm now 9 weeks three days, had three normal ultrasounds...

yippee!!! I just cancelled a CVS and rescheduled for an amnio...I was

getting a little nervous about the CVS....

Anyone else going through the "to test or not to test" questions?

EDD 2/1

It's so nice to meet all of you forty and overs!

Warmest wishes,

Kae

iVillage Member
In reply to: kikikae
Wed, 07-02-2003 - 4:48pm
Kae, congratulations and welcome to the board! This is a great board but we have just had 3 recent "graduates" in the last week so the board was thinning out a little. Glad you found it. A lot of the women have struggled with the "test or not to test" issue. I suggest you review the old posts and archives and see a wide range of opinions on that subject. Once again welcome!

Sharon(41), EDD 9/1 Noah #4

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-05-2003 - 6:41pm
Hi!!!

Im new too, my name is Lori ,Im 40 and this will be #4 for me in march....I hope I make it!

H&H

lori
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-06-2003 - 3:41pm
Hi Kae,

Welcome and very best wishes. I'm 41 and pregnant with a surprise #3. My others are 7 and 3 (in 9 days) year old boys. I just had CVS at 11 weeks or so and I am 12 weeks today. Didn't have FISH as results are not very accurate so am waiting for results. Had amnio with my first 2. Any questions that I can help with I am very willing. So happy your IVF was a success. Have you been on the IVF board. I know they can use the encouragement. Welcome again,

Patti
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 10:50am
hi.. i will be 48 years old and just had 2 positive preganacy tests over the weekend.. I have not been trying to conceive.. and i only have one tube ( lost the other to an ectopic) I am blown away and don't know how i am going to handle this.. just thought i would introduce myself..
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2003 - 8:23pm
Kae,

Glad to hear your news! I am 45 and just found out that I am pregnant with our 5 child! OUr children range in age, 23, 21, 19, 7 and this one (EDD 3/6). I am very nervous about the problems that could result from my age with the babies health and mine. We will probably have an amnio done. I, too, am so glad that I found this board...I was feeling a little out of place! We won't tell anyone for quite awhile...just to be sure!

Talk to you soon!

Terri