Hmmmmmm...It's Quiet Around Here...

iVillage Member
Hmmmmmm...It's Quiet Around Here...
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 11:12pm

It's been very quiet around here the past few days. So does anyone have anything to say? Anything happy? Sad? Silly? Anything at all?

So here's what's happening at our house..... My Dad (with whom I'm not exactly close) and one of my aunts (whom I love dearly) both called me today to see how I was feeling (they both heard of my pregnancy via another aunt of mine). I was anxious to finish the conversation with my Dad but was glad to catch up with my aunt. Both of them were surprised that I was going for number three, LOL.

After a few days of more-severe-than-usual morning sickness, today I had virtually none. I wasn't tired today, either (although I'm ready to hit the hay now, for sure!). The absence of these two symptoms has caused some concern for me, but for now, I'm just plugging along as though everything is perfectly fine. My belly is starting to pop; although I'm not in mat clothes yet, the button on my pants is quite tight. Within the next week or so I think I'll have to get creative with my wardrobe -- or at least my pants...

Next week is a VERY busy week for us. My Mom flies in Tuesday to visit us for a week so I'll take Lilah (our just-about-five-year old) out of school a few hours early and drive about 40 mins to pick my Mom up from the airport. Then we'll have dinner at Lilah's "favorite Chinese restaraunt" (that's what she calls it), then drive home to unpack my Mom and get the girls ready for bed. Wed morning I'm taking my mom to a laser treatment clinic so she can FINALLY (and hopefully!!!) quit smoking (my daughters don't even know she smokes, thank goodness), then we'll go food shopping for Lilah's 5th birthday party. Thursday we'll be baking cakes and prepping munchies for Lilah's birthday celebration with our family and close friends which will be at our house Thursday night. Friday we'll go food shopping (again!) for Eva's baptism which takes place Sunday. Friday night, DH and I are going to an adult halloween party (which just so happened to have been set for the one Friday night my Mom will be here so she can stay home with the girls!!!). Saturday we'll be busy baking and cooking away for Eva's baptism. Saturday night DH and/or I will hand out treats while my Mom takes Lilah trick-or-treating (Lilah wants ONLY G'Mom to take her, LOl!), then Sunday is Eva's baptism. Monday we'll probably spend cleaning up and putting stuff away from the previous few days, then Tuesday morning, bright and early, my Mom leaves us.

So, what's happening with you ladies? Let's hear it...the good, the bad, and the ugly..... : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 11:32pm

Okay you asked for it,

Well it was day one with my SIL helping out and so far she has decided to rearrange my kitchen apparently I had it completely wrong not only were the dishes in the wrong place but my spices had been ruin due to the fact that I keep them in clear jars which exposes them to light (in my defense I bought the spice rack because it matched my stainless steel appliances. The only spices I use regularly are salt and pepper. And as for baking well lets just say I know a great bakery.) But she is helping out and I am grateful so once she gets my kitchen in order where she will go next is anyones guess ........

As for my scrap booking lets just say when one takes a course it properly best to do the craft then and not 3 years later when you have forgotten nearly everything taught!! ( Hubby maybe right on this one)

On the other hand I have devoted a lot of time to playing the Sims 3 game (please don't judge me) and having fun at it.

I have my 24 week appointment on Thursday!!

Other than all of this not much is new!!

Carly

Pregnancy ticker

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 11:11am

Well, first and foremost, congratulations on your latest pregnancy, and I'm sending positive "sticky" vibes your way as well.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 12:00pm
So is SIL's reorganization projects in your home a good thing or bad thing? I think I'd appreciate anyone helping me reorganize any room in my house EXCEPT for my kitchen; but I love to cook and bake so not knowing where all my stuff and gadgets are would drive me bonkers, LOL! And too funny about trying to jump into something you took a class on three years ago. That is TOTALLY something I would do! I hope the days go by quickly for you. Have fun playing your Sims 3 game (no judgment necessary -- ENJOY!) AND hang in there! I'll be looking forward to your update this Thursday. : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 12:04pm
Hello Maura. Thanks for posting on what's happening with you and thanks for your well wishes. I'm thrilled to hear you're feeling so well. And how exciting that you're feeling movement! How awesome! It's nice that you can lengthen the time between your appointments, too. You're quite ambitious to continue taking courses next semester with the arrival of your new little one! Kudos to you for doing so. It'll be hectic but the time you spend at class will probably be good for you. I didn't learn until just this year that "me" time is not only healthy, but practically a necesssity for me. I have to remind myself of that frequently but I'm learning to enjoy a few hours away from the house and the children once a week or so. : ) I hope you continue to feel well. Please keep us posted on things!

Photobucket

Photobucket