Positive HPT at 48........

iVillage Member
Positive HPT at 48........
Sun, 12-06-2009 - 2:13pm
I have been looking around the boards for the last couple of days and seems like I am the only one at 48 and totally in shock with a positive test. I am single, though have been seeing the same man for 3 yrs. I do have other children so this is not the first by far. I am not sure what to do yet. I have to make a doctors appointment tomorrow and go from that. I am seriously thinking of having the CVS test done and that will give me more time to decide. Looks like the due date is July 26, 2010 from all the calculators, though several differ as to what week I am in.
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-06-2009 - 9:23pm

Hello and Welcome (congradulations)

My Name is Carly and I turn 47 on feb 5th five days before my due date. I am glad you found this board. For me personally I have gain so much from being able to reach out and get support without judgement. I hope you find it so also.

Anyway just wanted to say Hi
Carly

Pregnancy ticker
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 2:18am
Hello and welcome! Congratulations! You give many of the ladies who are members of this board and trying to conceive much hope. I hope you're feeling well. This board was a huge support system for me two years ago when I was pregnant with our 22 month old and now here I am again, pregnant at 42 with our third. I'm very thankful for the support, opinions, advice, and thoughts that the ladies on this board so willingly share; I hope you'll find the same is true for you. Please keep us posted on your progress and how you're feeling, etc..

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-09-2009 - 9:04am

Hi,

I am Nicky. We have four kids between 7 and 14. I just turned 40 and am torn between "isn`t it nice to relax and enjoy the kids" cause our kids are all 1,5 to 2 years apart. So, my youngest was even breastfed till 6 months ago. Well, I am torn between this feeling and the feeling of why not have another one....????.....I go through days getting very excited when i see the babyclothes and then I have days when I am gld I can read my book and just be....so, any ideas or suggestions what kind of solutions there may be?

thanks

Nicky

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-09-2009 - 9:19am

That's a tough one! Even while we were TTC #3 (which we subsequently changed our minds about -- then got pregnant anyway, LOL), I kept going back and forth struggling with the exact same thing you described. I figure now that #3 is on its way, we have about five more years of struggling with the "little child" phenomenon, then things will ease up (until they start entering the teen years, of course!). At least that's what I'm hoping for...

It's a very personal decision and one that is very different for every woman and family. Best wishes as you work through it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-09-2009 - 11:30am

Hi Nicky.

I agree with Joan...I think we vacillate between being ready to move forward with raising our kiddos and adding "just one more." In fact, I remember a friend (an older woman) telling me, "Valerie, you're always going to want "one more" the trick is figuring out when done is done."

I think some people do know...many of my friends are the "perfect family of 4 types..".either they have 2 boys, 2 girls, or one each and don't want to upset the balance.

For me, I just don't feel complete as a family of 4, but perhaps that's b/c I grew up in a family of 5. Unfortunately, I may not have the choice to decide...we are newly pregnant, but have had a long history of losses. Call me a glutton for punishment! LOL

Right now, I'm thinking positive and excited about adding a 3rd sibling to the mix, but am also a realist. We lost a pregnancy exactly 1 year ago this week and if that should happen again, I have agreed with my husband to be done. In fact, a couple weeks ago, I had "offically" given up and began packing up baby clothes for donation...go figure!!!! Things happen in mysterious ways!!!

Wishing you lots of peace as you contemplate this decision...

Valerie

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-09-2009 - 7:48pm
Hello and congratulations!

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-12-2009 - 8:31pm
I don't know about "always wanting another". I know many, many women that know when they have reached the number of children they want whether it is one or 10 (or more!). I tis a personal thing that only they can answer. i know if you feel like you are not "done" having children and you quit you will always wonder "what if". I know with this one it will be my last. Not because of my age but because I feel this is it. I feel like my family is complete now. Good luck with your decision.