Lurking for weeks!

iVillage Member
Lurking for weeks!
Mon, 12-07-2009 - 6:14pm

Hi Everyone,

It’s taken me weeks to build up the courage to admit that I’m 41 and pregnant.

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-07-2009 - 10:07pm
Melinda that is fantastic - you can not worry about what other people think and every child is here for a reason so congratulations!!!

~ Jodi ~

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-07-2009 - 10:14pm
Hey.. hang in there.. I have 8, expecting suprise #9 if all goes well. It is tough but can be done!
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 2:26am
Hello Melinda. Congratulations! My Mom and G'mom were the only ones who openly told me they were worried about my healthy (I'm a Type 1 diabetic of 23 years). And like your Mom, my Mom's worried about the mental toll another baby will take on me (we have a five year old and a 23 month old) -- actually, I worry about that too, LOL! No one else we told expressed any concerns about my age so either they were being nice and respectful or just never thought anything about it. Either way, what's done is done and there's no turning back now! I just turned 42 today and am due 5/21 with this baby. I'm anxious, scared, and excited all at once but this is how I was when I was pregnant with our 23 month old and she turned out to be the best surprise we ever had. I'm hopeful the same will be true with this baby. : ) Best wishes to you. Please keep us posted on your journey.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 11:34am

Congratulations and Welcome Melinda

Heres to a Happy and Healthy Nine Months!!!!!

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Carly

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-08-2009 - 8:16pm

Hi Melinda. Wow, we have a lot in common. I also have 3. newly 7, 4 and 2. I have had c-sections. And I am 41. Dont even tell me you live in Cali...

Yes, i am nervous as well. The nuchal is wonderful...I had it with my last 2 and my results were so good that I opted to not have the others. This time, I think I will do the cvs. My first 8 week appointment is on Wednesday next week.

We too are stressed to the limit...school, lessons, work, But I know when we are older and have a nice big family that we will not think twice about our choice for a 4th.

Im with you...Id like to say, Yes, I am having a healthy baby girl (preferred) but another boy would be wonderful as well.

My mom did give a bit of a surprised reaction, but now is planning the nursery and the construction we will do on our house. (and she did the risks and risks to me speech) We have not told anyone else..except my nanny, since I tell her everything.

So...we can hope for a smooth ride with a healthy baby at the end.

Marissa

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-09-2009 - 10:06am

Hi Melinda,
Welcome and congratulations on your blessing! 40 is still fertile as you now know,lol.

We haven't told anyone yet and I am 13 weeks. I can still hide it (although I think I look like I started eating all the halloween candy and didn't stop come November). I had a 14 week loss so am hesitant to let the cat out of the bag for a couple more weeks but I am also a little worried at what friends and family are going to say. Although hopefully they will keep their comments to themselves! I think we just have to tell them we're excited and consider this a blessing and we think they should to. I guess they'll all get over it :)

H&H 9 mos to you.

PS, I had an NT w/ my son 8 years ago (he's 7) so it's not a new test, but I live in a major metro area so my guess is it is more of a standard and widely available now. Good luck w/ your test. Odds are it will be perfect!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-09-2009 - 11:22am

Hi Melinda!

Congratulations on your newest pregnancy! I recently discovered that I too am pregnant.

On the one hand, I am surprised b/c we suffer from male-factor infertility and I turned 40 in August. On the other hand, we haven't used any birth control since 2004!!! after we conceived using in vitro. Our firstborn (when I was 35) was an in vitro baby and our 2nd child was a "bonus" baby at age 37! But we've had lots of losses in between.

For me, having a baby at "40" isn't too much of a big deal from the age standpoint, b/c my friends and family know how many years we've been at this and like you, I only have little ones (ages 5 & 3). A 3rd baby now, wouldn't be "out of character" for us.

My sister in law did have a baby at 38, two years ago when she had a 13 and 11 year old. Of course, I was all for her adding a 3rd to her family! She thought being pregnant at 38 was very difficult, but since I've always been AMA and never had a baby in my 20s I couldn't compare!!!

Unfortunately, I did have the gestational diabetes with both my kiddos and was told that should I conceive again, could probably guarantee to have it a 3rd time. Bummer! Hate all that finger pricking, glucose-testing/drinking, and healthy eating business! LOL If I would just continue that gestational diabetes diet AFTER delivery I wouldn't find myself in this predicament!!! LOL

Wishing you all the best with #4,

Valerie

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 9:43pm

Congratulations to you on #4!

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-12-2009 - 6:26pm

Thank you all for your nice and reassuring replies!

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-13-2009 - 5:51pm

Hi Melinda and welcome!

Pages