looking for support
Mon, 12-28-2009 - 1:13pm

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking here for

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-28-2009 - 1:21pm

Congratulations!

Susan L.

Robert Edward Xavier Lin - Born July 31, 2010 at 5:56AM, 6 pounds 4 ounces and 19 inches long. He spent 2 weeks in the NICU but he's doing great now!
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-28-2009 - 2:18pm
Congratulations!

Shelli, married to Jason for 18 years, mom to Derek(15), Alyssa(12), and Carly (2/26/09)

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-30-2009 - 11:22am

Congratulations! How exciting to be pg w/ twins twice. I just want to say I totally relate to how you are feeling...I am 16 weeks today and we have told NOONE. I am terrified. I have a 5 year old & 7 year old and everyone has made it known that we were crazy to have a third (which by the way we can well afford and have room for, etc., so that is not really their concern). I have other friends with young kids so it's not even that.

It's gone on so long now that I think I might just wait until I can no longer hide it before telling people. As it is, they are going to be somewhat shocked to find out I am so far along.

So perhaps I am not the best person to be offering advice, but it sounds like you are going to have a full, beautiful, wonderful family and I hope you enjoy every second of it!

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-31-2009 - 4:12am
Hello, welcome, and double congratulations! Wow, two sets of twins! How exciting! I think most of us feel the impact of people's negative comments about our age, etc., no matter how hard we try not to. I've been fortunate in that no one has come out and directly mentioned my age, but my mom and my grandmom made it clear that they were worried about my health (not about the baby's, just about mine). So whenever they ask how I'm feeling, I usually give them a quick response and move on to another subject. I don't feel comfortable discussing my pregnancy with people who I feel are so negative about it and the easiest way I know how to avoid doing so is to change the topic as quickly as I can whenever it comes up. That being said, since telling my one aunt that I didn't want to tell anyone else about my pregnancy because everyone so far had such negative comments about it, my mom and g'mom have both been much more positive and upbeat about it. But in my mind, it's too late. I'd rather talk about it with people who I feel are genuinely excited and happy for us. But that's just me. : ) Feel free to garner support from us whenever you need to. That what we're here for! The ladies here have tremendous advice, suggestions, and opinions so take full advantage of them! Best wishes to you and please keep us posted on your journey.

Photobucket

Photobucket