Planning a pregnancy over 40

iVillage Member
Planning a pregnancy over 40
Mon, 01-04-2010 - 6:44pm

Hi Ladies,

Here's the scoop...I found I was unexpectedly expecting in October.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-04-2010 - 9:46pm
Hello, Vicki. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. There are SOOOO many of us who have asked (and probably still are asking, LOL!) whether we should or shouldn't have another baby -- especially for those women who's other children are older. The general response to this question is that there's really no "right" or "wrong" answer. Each woman and each family is so different. However, you mentioned that you and your husband/partner were really looking forward to parenting another little one and that you're both questioning whether your family is complete. If that's the case, than it sounds like you're both wanting a baby. Only you can decide if that's the case, but if it is, then I say ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY go for it! There are some increased risks that women over 40 face in pregnancy (risks to the baby more so than to the mom), but the odds are still favorable for having a healthy baby. It's certainly one of the toughest decisions we're faced with. I wish you the best of luck in choosing what you'll do. Perhaps we'll see you back on the board announcing another pregnancy one day soon. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-06-2010 - 12:56pm

Joan,

Thank you SO much for taking the time to share your thoughts...We are in continued discussion, my dh and I so we'll see...Such a huge decision!