10-Week Update

iVillage Member
10-Week Update
Sat, 01-09-2010 - 7:40pm

Hello ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Just wanted to pop in to say hello and give a baby update.

I had my follow-up sono on Jan. 5th and we got to see our little bean. I must admit that I was filled with anxiety...my last sono was at 6w1d and while all the pregnancy symptoms were still there, I was still nerve-wracked!

What we saw was a beautiful 9w4d fetus...little arm and leg buds kicking wildly! Hard to believe that when they are that little and you can still pass for not looking pregnant (to the public!) that much activity is going on.

Such a relief!

While I don't feel completely out of the woods yet, both sonographer and high-risk OB felt like all signs are pointing in a positive direction. We've begun to tell a few close friends in addition to family members, but haven't gone "public" like on facebook or our family blog yet. Thinking I'll wait just a few more weeks.

I did allow myself to begin to get excited and splurge on myself...I purchased a couple of new nursing/maternity bras as the ole "Wonder" bra was no longer cutting it!

Hoping everyone is staying warm as this deep freeze spreads across the country. Here in Kansas City we are still digging out and sliding around on frozen, snow-packed streets. Today was the first day that I ventured out with the little ones as we have been experiencing some cabin-fever! Take care.

iVillage Member
In reply to: kcmom2two
Sun, 01-10-2010 - 2:03pm
Thanks for sharing your update! What a great ultrasound visit! It's hard to contain one's excitement regardless of how nervous one is, I know! Congrats on seeing the little bean. Hope you're bearing the cold wintry weather well. Here in Northern Ontario we've been in a deep freeze for a few days now but fortunately, haven't had even half as much snow as we usually have (I never should've typed that...). Keep the updates coming. Hope you're feeling well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: kcmom2two
Mon, 01-11-2010 - 4:13pm
Congrats on the great u/s.

Carol, mom to 7