First Prenatal with Midwife Tomorrow

iVillage Member
First Prenatal with Midwife Tomorrow
Mon, 01-11-2010 - 7:00pm

Hi, my name is Melinda and first I'd like to thank everyone who has posted here over the past year. I've received much inspiration, comfort and information from your discussions on this board (and the TTC over 40 board) during my TTC journey. Now I’ve finally made it! My EDD is Aug. 9, and I go in for my first prenatal appointment with my midwife tomorrow morning. I saw the baby’s heartbeat on u/s at my RE’s two weeks ago, so I’m pretty hopeful that things are going well. I’m really just looking forward to my nausea and tiredness, etc. going away in a few weeks, so I can really enjoy being pregnant.
This will be my second child and I’m a single mother by choice this time around (my kindergartner is from my marriage that ended several years ago). I’m so excited, but haven’t told any family or friends yet – that’ll be a shocker, so I’m a little hesitant to spill the beans.
Oh, almost forgot to mention, I’ll turn 43 right after the baby’s born.
Best wishes to all!
Melinda

Cycle 1: 1 IUI w/ frozen donor sperm - BFN
Cycle 2: 2 IUIs w/ frozen donor sperm - BFN
Cycle 3: 1 IUI w/ frozen donor sperm - BFN
Cycle 4: 2 IUIs w/ frozen donor sperm - BFN
Cycle 5: break
Cycle 6: HSG results normal, 1 IUI w/ frozen donor sperm - BFN
Cycle 7: CCCT results normal, 1 IUI w/ frozen donor sperm - BFN
Cycle 8: Clomiphene #5-9, 2 IUIs w/ frozen donor sperm, hCG trigger shot - BFN
Cycle 9: break, Royal Jelly, Vitex, Dong Quai, Red Raspberry Leaf, Red Clover
Cycle 10: Tamoxifen #5-9, 1 IUI w/ frozen donor sperm, hCG trigger self-injected - BFP!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 5:24am
Hello, Melinda. Welcome and congratulations! The early stages of pregnancy are very nerve wracking, for sure! Hang in there and try to just take things one day at a time. Isn't it funny that although we can't stand dealing with MS and fatigue, those two things are comforting to us throughout the first trimester?!?!?!? BTW, I'm Joan, am 42, and am expecting baby #3 in May. We have two girls, a five year old and an almost two year old. Please let us know how your appointment goes! Best wishes to you.

Photobucket

Photobucket