Ist OB Appt- nervous

iVillage Member
Ist OB Appt- nervous
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 8:32pm
Hi thanks to all who responded- i had my first ob appt today, I am supposedly about 6 weeks- had an ultrasound- there was a egg sac but no visible heartbeat, which the dr said could be completely normal given my not knowing the exact date of my last period. So they took blood and I will go in on monday for a repeat blood test to check numbers. This is way more stressful then I had anticipated. I have mixed emotions about the whole thing-I feel badly for all of my friends that have been trying to get pregnant and cant, yet I didnt want to be pregnant and surprise it just happened. Now that there is a possibility that it might not be viable- it saddens me. I am so confused, I just want Monday to be done with so i know either way. I guess this is what it is like for us older moms to be- one waiting game after another- I am not sure I am cut out for the stress involved! thanks again
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 8:51pm
Thanks so much for the update, Jenine. Your mixed emotions are quite normal. I think they exist among expecting moms who planned their pregnancy as well as those who didn't. I found that what worked best for me (and still does) is to try to just take each day one at a time. I know it can be harder to do than it is to say, but just keep trying to focus on each day as it comes. I find that the time seems to go by much faster when I do this rather than dwelling on how much time is left until I deliver (I'm not one who's fond of being pregnant, LOL!). I hope you'll update us after you get your results Monday and please, lean on us whenever you need a lift, some support, or advice. Stay strong and keep smiling.

Photobucket

Photobucket