So guilty feeling

iVillage Member
So guilty feeling
Sat, 01-23-2010 - 1:50am

This week I found out I was having a

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-23-2010 - 1:34pm

Hi Marissa

No you are not alone in feeling this way, I know personally before I knew what we were having I really wanted boys and dreaded knowing the gender because I knew I would be so upset if they were girls.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-24-2010 - 10:20am
Hi Marissa. You're not alone in feeling upset or sad about having a baby of a particular gender. I, too, was upset when I found out this baby is a boy. I have two girls, and although most people assume (how dare they, LOl!) that I'd want a boy, the reality is, I love the fact that I have girls. I have no idea why. To be honest with you, when I was pregnant with our first child, I was REALLY hoping it was a boy. I was disappointed to find out it was a girl. Ironically, now that I have two girls, I'm upset to know that this one is a boy. I'm fairly confident that the moment I meet him I'll be taken over by guilt for these feelings (just as I was when I met my oldest daughter), but for now, I can't help the way I feel. My husband had a good thought: "Now you'll have your Mama's boy just like I have my Daddy's girls". For now, I feel like our girls are both Daddy's girls and Mama's girls aslike, but I also know that boys tend to be very attached to their Mamas... Anyway, I understand your feelings and although I feel guilty about feeling the same way you do, for now, I'm just trying to let it be. Eventually, it will come to pass, of that, I'm sure. : ) Hang in there; we'll go through this together. : )

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 9:51pm

Hi Marissa

I think wanting your daughter to have a sister is so normal, so don't feel guilty.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 11:02pm

Honestly, now I feel even more guilty and horrible that there could be something wrong with him (had a positive NT screen for Tri 18, 1-17, have amni on Monday)

So, now Im really not thinking of what he is,

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-26-2010 - 11:05am

I hope this helps...I failed the screening test for all 3 of my previous PGs.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-26-2010 - 1:07pm

Just read your last post and wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I just had my NT scan yesterday. Sonographer said baby looked good, but was otherwise evasive. Had blood drawn afterward and told it would be about a week before I had the results.

Trying not to think about it...and I'm STAYING OFF THE INTERNET (in terms of research!!!).

I had normal NTs at 35 (in vitro baby) and 37, but at 40 1/2 I feel like it's a different ball game...not really sure why b/c I don't feel 40!

Just know I'm thinking of you will be looking for your future posts.

Valerie

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-26-2010 - 10:26pm

Hi Marissa,

Good luck with the amnio Monday.