Mon, 01-25-2010 - 6:33pm

I

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 8:47pm
Hi Dee and welcome.

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 8:54pm
Hello, Dee, and welcome! You're certainly welcome to post here!!! We're happy to have you! Congratulations on your surprise. I've had two of them since being 40. I'm certainly no medical expert, but my understanding is that the amount of radiation emitted from x-rays is minimal and although the medical community prefers to not expose babies/fetuses to it unnecessarily, the amount of radiation exposure is probably safe for the little bean. I'm fairly confident the amoxicillin is safe too -- I say this because it was prescribed to me about a month ago (the doc knew full well of my pregnancy). I don't think the filling is anything to worry about either; I recall reading in a few places that although most dentists prefer to wait until later in pregnancy or until after the baby is born to do any type of dental work (including fillings), it's better to have the mother's oral health cared for if needed rather than to wait. Not sure about dental x-rays, but again, I'd be willing to bet any radiation exposure is minimal. So how far along do you think you are? Have contacted an OB/GP/midwife? I'd contact your doc (or whomever will oversee your OB care) to schedule an appointment if you haven't already. The sooner you get in to see him/her, the sooner you can ask him/her the questions you have. The only other thing I'll say is that OMG, there are SOOOOOO many women who consume alchohol before knowing they're pregnant. I know of at least 15 personally, including me. Of course it's not recommended, but of all the cases I know of (except for one which was an exception -- she was a full-blown alchoholic who drank close to a case of beer a day and subsequently died at the age of 39 from liver failure), the babies were born healthy. I think the key is to stop drinking as soon as you realize you're pregnant. Please keep us posted. I'm anxious to hear more about how far along you are and when you'll see your caretaker. Welcome again!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 9:31pm

Dee,

There seem to be

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-26-2010 - 10:48am

Thanks so much for the great responses.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-26-2010 - 10:34pm

I had a mammogram before I knew I was pregnant.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 5:03pm

As are so many other medications, most antibiotics are classified as Category C during pregnancy (not shown to be

Photobucket