Silly Question

iVillage Member
Silly Question
Tue, 01-26-2010 - 7:17pm

How far along were y'all when your pants started feeling tight?

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-26-2010 - 9:16pm

Dee,

At 6 weeks, around Christmas, I was wearing all my regular pants comfortably, but just after New Years I started foregoing the ones that had already been a bit more tight fitting. Just this past week, I'm already starting to notice a bit of a bump that wasn't there before, and

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 4:25am

Hi, Dee. No question is silly here; ask away! : ) Everyone is different and typically with your first, you show a little later than with subsequent pregnancies. Again, this is typical but not necessarily always the case... I think I was around 10 weeks this time around when my waistband started getting tight. Since you don't presently have any mat clothes, I learned a tip from one of the other boards here on IV. If you have any of those spandex cami-type tanks or tops, you can make your on Bella Band until you can get out to buy some clothes that are more comfy on you... Simply cut about one inch below the armpits straight across the whole top (you're essentially cutting the whole top of the cam/top off). Then pull the garment over your head (or step into it) inside out. Put it inside your unbuttoned pants' waistband and pull your pants up over it. Zipper your pants to a comfortable height, then fold the "Bella Band" down over your pants' waistband and wear a regular top as you normally would (the "Bella Band" sticks out below your top but discreetly and comfortably hides your unbuttoned waistband. Violla! There's your Bella band! Hope this helps hold you over.

Edited 1/27/2010 4:30 am ET by cl-my2girlslilahandeva

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 5:22pm
Funny, but it just occurred to me that my pants being slightly tighter after New Year's (at less than 8 weeks) probably had nothing to do with being pregnant!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 6:20pm

I swear my body is completely the opposite of how everyone else's is.