so nauseous

iVillage Member
so nauseous
Sat, 01-30-2010 - 9:07am

I am new here, nice to see other 40 year old pregnant women with questions.

I am pregnant with my 2nd.

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: lynne2010
Sat, 01-30-2010 - 10:05am

Lynne,

Hello and welcome. I'm 42 and a first-time mom to be. For me, the nausea started by about wk 5 and is still going. At first it was any time of day, but in the past month has been mostly in the morning. Sometimes it's better when I do actually get sick, then that queasy feeling passes quickly and I'm usually good for the rest of the day.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-30-2010 - 4:20pm

Thanks for the welcome Karen.

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-30-2010 - 11:16pm

Hello, Lynne. Welcome and congratulations! I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but within the next two - three weeks as you move into T2, you'll hopefully start to feel better. I'm Joan, am 42, and am pregnant with #3. We have two girls, Lilah, our five year old and Eva, our two year old; this baby is a boy and so far, is still nameless... You're being very proactive by trying to eat smaller, more frequent meals to stave off the gestational diabetes for as long as you can. I'm a Type 1 diabetic and have taken insulin for about 23 years now (have worn an insulin pump the last 13 years). It's difficult to manage sometimes, but it can be done. The last five weeks or so my sugars have been higher than they ever have been. This is attributed to my having to use a steroid inhaler (have since gone off it without having any asthma attacks) and my developing some type of an infection. I'm hopeful that between now and delivery I can keep my sugars closer to the normal range -- I certainly don't want to try to deliver a huge, huge baby (my girls weighed 6 lbs 2 oz and 5 lbs 12 oz, respectively, when they were born). I tell you all this so you know you're not alone in trying to keep your sugars well controlled. Perhaps we can lean on each other when the going gets tough...

Are you doing anything about your cyst or just keeping an eye on it for now? I had cysts on my ovaries when I was much younger but it was recommended to not do anything about them because they typically disappeared -- or at least shrunk -- with each menstrual cycle. Now that you're pregnant and not having periods anymore, what does that mean for you? Just curious, hope you don't think I'm being too nosey. : ) I hope you're feeling better soon. Please keep us posted on your progress. Congrats again!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-31-2010 - 1:02pm

Hi Lynne.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 7:18pm

congrats!

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 9:59am
It seems that when I'm going to be sick, I'm going to be sick, no matter what I do or eat/drink.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 6:44pm

Hi Lynne.

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I have had gestational diabetes twice.

With baby #1, i was able to control my sugars with diet and exercise.

With baby #2, I wasn't as good about the diet/exercise and with working full-time, I just wasn't as health-conscious. (Baby #1 was due in August and I'm a teacher by trade.) So, I had to use glyburide b/c my fasting blood sugar was high in the AM.

My OB told me that I could expect to have GD again with this 3rd pregnancy. They tested my sugar at 9w and all was good, but who knows? I'm now 13w6d and have been waking up parched during the night...uh oh!!!

Best of luck to you!

Valerie

P.S. I wanted to add that I have been extremely nauseated as well. Instead of getting better at 12 weeks, I actually began getting worse to the point where I went about 2 days w/o keeping a single meal down. I was able to keep down H2O.

I did call my doc and asked for a prescription for Zofran. Zofran is considered safe during pregnancy, but is actually considered the gold-standard for nausea in treating chemo/radiation patients. My husband is a fire-medic and works part-time for a family-owned pharmacy. The pharamcists also recommended Zofran as it now comes in a generic form.

I know many women are opposed to taking any type of medication during pregnancy and I certainly understand the cause for concern, but I just wanted you to know that there is treatment available.

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-06-2010 - 4:30pm
Congrats on your pregnancy as well.

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-06-2010 - 4:41pm

Thanks for the feed back and no you are not being to nosy LOL.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-09-2010 - 5:12pm
Hang in there, have you tried Ginger altoids?

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

KelliSue

Laugh a little - www.kellikolz.blogspot.com

We're blessed with an expected October 2010 baby, after the loss of our previous two pregnancies.

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

Pages