I lost the baby D&C ? or wait ?

iVillage Member
I lost the baby D&C ? or wait ?
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 12:36pm

I found out today that I lost our baby, I was 12 weeks.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 2:16pm

(((HUGS)))

Lynne-

I am so very sorry for your loss.

reena050809.jpg 0809 picture by reena102

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 3:14pm

Hi Lynne,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 4:17pm

Lynne, I'm so sorry for your loss. With my miscarriage at 8 weeks, I miscarried about 12 hours after the cramping and bleeding started. Then my widwife scheduled me for a follow-up within 48 hours to make sure the miscarriage was complete. If it hadn't been, I suppose they would have scheduled a D&C.

I know this can be scary, especially when you're faced with unanswered questions. Does your doc say whether or not it's best to wait or go ahead sooner with a D&C?

As to your question about how bad the M/C is? I'm sure it is different from woman to woman and probably differs depending on how far along you are. For me it was a very powerful experience. The contractions were strong, keeping me up for hours. Then weaker, intermittent contractions continued as the

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 11:33pm

Lynne,

I'm very sorry for your loss! I've had three m/c's so believe me, I know the pain and what it's like. With one m/c I waited for it naturally and the second I took the vaginal insert to rush along the m/c without D & C. After my last experience, I'll NEVER wait again - and with my third m/c I got the D& C.

This may be TMI, but frankly, if you wait for it naturally or with the insert, there is a LOT of blood and it is even more heart wrenching when the little embryo/fetus finally comes out. It was horrible for me especially since I was at work. Its also much easier for the doctor to save and test the embryo/fetus if you have a D&C - with both you still bleed for several weeks.

Many women have different experiences, but these have been mine. Best wishes for whatever you decide and hopes of another pg when you're ready to try again.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 9:30am

Call the business office and see what they have for low income families without insurance and see if you qualify.

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

KelliSue

Laugh a little - www.kellikolz.blogspot.com

pregnancy

Edited 2/24/2010 9:32 am ET by ldsfreckleface

Andy, Gerard, Sarah, Merina and Emma call me Mama,

but you can call me

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 12:05pm
I think you meant to respond to Lynne. It seems like the city hospitals would still need to treat you regardless of insurance. I would speak to your doctor and see what they can work out for you. Maybe pay into Cobra for the month?

Edited 2/24/2010 12:09 pm ET by delco87